Dreams Riviera Cancun 2015 Brides

@@pddcmc hi!! You were such a beautiful bride. I'm happy you had a wonderful wedding day. I'm concerned about the room for my fiancé the day before the wedding. I'm curious did you have the dj? Or did you use your sound system? Where did you get the sound system? We are considering using this as an option. Thank you.

@@pddcmc did you have any issues at customs ? I am packing now and don't have some of my receipts..

how many bags did you end up taking? I'm on suitcase 4 and I have 1 box (I decided the best way to pack the tumblers was in a box).

I am now on the hunt for the speaker system rather than pay the resort. If anyone has used one and can recommend please let me know. thanks.

@@fhk815 Does the  chocolate rattan lounge set-up come with the cocktail tables and chandelier lights too as illustrated in the picture? 

@@pddcmc you were absolutely stunning!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!  You confirmed that the hair and make-up artists may actually know what they are doing..hehe. I was really nervous about that.  I feel alot better now. :)  Glad to see the non-upgraded version of the bride's bouquet too. It was gorg! How many people were in your wedding party? Did you order extra bouquets for the ladies?

@@smileitseb Oh no!! The cocktail hour would have been nice! But it is good to know that she was able to work out other things and add special touches in your package.  So are you paying for your cocktail hour now? Or will you make it casual and have folks take over one of the bar areas?

Thank you! I just want to make sure that you know that I did not sure any of the bridal spa services at the resort for my wedding day, I hired outside stylists. I was very happy with my bouquet. I couldn't imagine upgrading and having a fuller bouquet, it was easily 8 lbs! We only had a matron of honor and a best man. Since we didn't have a full bridal party and didn't use the extra corsages and bouts, they made a mini bouquet for my MOH free of charge. 

@@pddcmc you looked beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous. The WC not being on it is kinda concerning but I'm so glad in the end it all turned out great. I'm going to print out everything because we have gone back and forth about so many things. How did you transport the sound system? That saves so much money and I really wish I would have went that route but now I think it's too late for me to order it. Where did you get it? And who did you have controlling the music?

@@phdtck1 so I was never having a cocktail hour on our wedding day. I'm just having our guests go to the lobby bar while we takes pics. I was always planning to pay for our welcome cocktail so honestly I'm not really I'm not really let down that they said no because I never expected a yes

@@Sheaka I couldn't find yscampbell...you're not under your first and last name on fb?

Thank you so much! I still can't believe that I forgot to look at myself fully put together! I didn't even realize that I hadn't seen myself until the reception! lol 

We purchased the sound system from Costco because we found it for a better bargain there. My husband used it as his personal item (he also had a carry on item. I also had a bag full of stuff and my wedding dress - which I "smuggled" stuff in the garment bag). Anyway, the sound system fit perfectly in the overhead bin. My hubby had an entire playlist made and used blue tooth to control it, no one had an idea. It was awesome.

@@pddcmc hi!! You were such a beautiful bride. I'm happy you had a wonderful wedding day. I'm concerned about the room for my fiancé the day before the wedding. I'm curious did you have the dj? Or did you use your sound system? Where did you get the sound system? We are considering using this as an option. Thank you.

What are you concerned about? He didn't have any trouble and I saw the room before we said good night, it was nice. We didn't have a dj and my bestie did the 5 mins of emcee at the beginning of the reception (announcing MOH/Best Man, us, first dance, and cake cutting) because I really wanted her to be a special part of our day.

@@pddcmc did you have any issues at customs ? I am packing now and don't have some of my receipts..

how many bags did you end up taking? I'm on suitcase 4 and I have 1 box (I decided the best way to pack the tumblers was in a box).

We had 3 extremely large rolling suitcases - all were overweight, but the airline people were awesome and didn't charge us for any of them. We had one entire suitcase for tumblers and gifts, one for decor, and one for our clothes, shoes, etc. Bubble wrap worked great for the cups. Only one cup broke, but I packed extras so that wasn't a big deal. We also put locks on our suitcases, but TSA did not open them. No problems with customs at all, but I got a green button. I would try to keep receipts the best that you can, but I don't think it'll be a big deal.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/77696-our-dw-dreams-riviera-cancun-17-apr-2015/?p=1894466

^Here are photos of how I packed the cups. The cups were a HUGE HIT - everyone used them the entire time they were there.

@@Sheaka I posted photos and a review on the sound system we had on my planning journal. 

Edited by pddcmc
  • Like 2

@@pddcmc thank you. I am concerned that on the day before they will say that they don't have a room for him, since it's based on what is available. I'm seriously thinking of getting the speakers. We won't have a dj. My fiancé's friend who is a dj won't be able to make it and I can't bring myself to pay the resort $1000 for a dj for 3 hours. Thank you so much. Bubble wrap will be my friend. I am going to start wrapping stuff soon and bagging things that are definitely going and that I don't need. Thank you. I am sure I will have a million more questions later :)