Dreams Riviera Cancun 2015 Brides

@@DecemberBride15 yay!!! Congrats on being a future DRC bride :-)

Dreams discourages uses of outside vendors, but they will allow it with an extra fee of course. They might even tell you that you cannot have, for example, outside make up and hair people… like I'm having. However at the end of the day, they just want you to be happy, and will pretty much let you do whatever you want to do. We did tip our wedding planner during our site visit, and I don't think that hurt :-)

Is there any specific aspect of the wedding that you have questions on or want more info about external vendors- photography, videography, food, flowers, reception/ceremony sites? We can help you if you're a bit more specific.

My fiancé and I originally were going to do a legal wedding in Mexico, however we changed our minds and are doing the legal things here at home (I'm in the Chicago suburbs) and doing symbolic in Mexico, but we're not telling anybody ;-)

Happy planning!

51 days to go ladies!!!

Hello Ladies!

Are any of you having a rehearsal dinner and, if so, would you please share some info about it?

I would like to have a rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding and invite all of our guests. I'm expecting about 60 guests. As of now we have 41 and counting!

I'm torn between having a formal sit down dinner or just cocktails and appetizers. I know the resort charges a fee for every little detail and I'm not sure I want to spend a large amount on a sit down dinner.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!!

@@fhk815 We are having a welcome dinner on the beach for all of our guests the night before the wedding. It's taking the place of the rehearsal dinner, and my fiancé's parents are covering it as they would if we were having a rehearsal dinner at home. We wanted to do a sit down dinner for our guests.

It is expensive- $35/person. We're having it on the beach with the Mexican buffet, and we also hired the Caribbean trio for a 45 minute set. We are having the long tables with minimal decorations, but even so, with 44 guests, it's coming out to about $3000.

All we paid for is tables/chairs, the food, the music trio, the light bulb strands, and a few lanterns for the tables. No flowers or table runners or bows or anything else. So yes-nickel and dime for sure. I know a lot of people just do the cocktail/apps, but we just never considered that.

Good luck!

Edited by nattiegams325

Hi @@Lbrennan0!! Welcome! I'm getting married at DRC too May 3, 2015 :)

I went to your website and love it! I see that you guys are doing a welcome booze cruise and I would LOVE to do this for my guests....do you mind sharing the info?

@@smileitseb we are using www.catamaranscancun.comThey offer different size boats depending on how many people you have. 

1)  Private Catamaran Samba 3 78" 

This catamaran has a capacity of 100 people.

Price per hour $570 usd (minimum rent 4 hours).

Price includes: bottled water, sodas, beer and open domestic bar (vodka, tequila, rum).

The only extra would be 
$10 usd per person for dock fee
which also includes snorkeling gear.

2)   Private Catamaran Samba 4 48"
 Max capacity of 50 people.

Price per hour $400 usd (minimum 4 hour rent).
 Price includes: bottled water, sodas, beer and open domestic bar (vodka, tequila, rum).
The only extra would be $10 usd per person for dock fee which also includes snorkeling gear.

3)   
Private Catamaran
 Neptuno 58"

Max capacity 60 people.

Price per hour $480 usd 
(minimum 4 hour rent).

Price includes bottle water, sodas, beer and open domestic bar.

The only extra would be $10 usd per person for dock fee which also includes snorkeling gear.

• Like 1

Hi everyone --- I have been doing a ton of reading & planning the last week - thanks to everyone for all the useful information! 

I wanted to mention Fat Cat Sail as a catamaran option too.   Last time we were in Cancun our friends rented a private charter with them and it was great --- so we doing a day trip for our guests.  We only have about 25 people.....I think max they can handle is 40 or 45(?) people unless you take both boats.

Also @@nattiegams325 --- I just realized we have the same wedding date!  Our ceremony is at 3pm at the Gazebo and we are doing the reception on the beach!   

One more thing - regarding traveling with the dress.  This weekend my dress shop said that when I pick up my dress after the final alterations to bring a small carry on suitcase with - and the seamstress will pack it up for me to minimize wrinkling, etc. They said that most airlines now require putting it in the overhead bin and advised to just plan for this.

• Like 2

@@scancun omg! How many guests are you having? Tell me all about it :-) and obviously we need to meet up beforehand for a good luck margarita haha.

That seems like it's cutting it pretty close, I know that they work fast but geez… They're really going to be down to the wire to get your wedding cleaned up and mine set up!

@@fhk815 of course! The ladies on this forum have been so helpful for the past year to me, of course I have to help out all my future brides :-) 49 days!! Leave in 44 ahh!!

We are having a smaller wedding - about 25 people.  We picked DRC after doing a ton of research and also because some very good friends used to live in Mexico City and actually are part of the AMResorts Vacation Club and they have thoroughly enjoyed the Amstar properties (Secrets, Dreams, NOW, Zoetry, etc).   We have been to the NOW Sapphire property (which is just down from DRC) before and had a great time - so knowing this is the next tier up in the Amstar properties we are confident that we know what we are 'signing up for'.

@@nattiegams325 - here are the details so far.......

Ultimate Wedding Package --- initially were doing the lower package but switched to this after realizing all the extras added up very quickly!   

Wedding Coordinator = Elisa - she's been great so far.  Started corresponding with me in early Nov and always gets back to me within 3 days or sometimes the same day.

Rehearsal Dinner - we are not doing this - just inviting everyone to meet in the main bar after dinner for drinks.   Several of our guests arrive this day, so this seemed like the best option.  I'm still debating moving the cocktail hour here instead of on the day of the wedding though....  I'm actually not having any bridesmaids - just a ring bearer and flower girl.  But all of my girlfriends and I are going to get their hair done at the spa, get ready together, etc.  

Ceremony - 3pm at the Gazebo (ceremonial only)

Cocktail Hour - 4pm at the Jacuzzi with Mexican Trio

Reception - 5pm on the South Beach - I'm a kid a heart so will have a pinata and sparklers  :)  We also plan on just having the sound system with no DJ - which means I will be making our playlist and checking out the mixing software the next few weeks.  Because we have a smaller group I couldn't justify paying for dance floor and DJ --- although many of us enjoy dancing - I am sure will be going to Desires afterwards.

Catamaran - will do this on Tuesday, the day after the wedding - see my other post for info here.  

On Weds, we will actually leave for a 'mini-honeymoon' and go to another resort - maybe Beloved for a few days?  Fiance is in charge of this though  :)

So far I'm feeling pretty good about everything.  Coming weeks have to finish up OOT Bags, music and final alterations for the dress.  

Before the holidays I felt like we had a ton of time, but now the days passing very quickly!  I live in Minnesota though and it was -15 degrees here today, so we are very much looking forward to some warmer weather!

• Like 1