#1 pddcmc

pddcmc
  • 610 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hi ladies!

I don't know about you, but I have baby-fine hair and I'd really love to rock some volume for my wedding. Do you know anyone who has tried tried extensions for volume and length?

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

That's something I would like to know too!! My hair is usually short mostly because it's so fine, and secondly because I'm old and can't be bothered doing a lot to it!! lol But seriously I've been trying to grow it out, or at least think about growing it out and it is driving me crazy!! I thought about hair extensions but that's as far as I got! There was a girl that got married in Jamaica just 2 days before we did and she had them in, but just for her wedding day. By that night in the disco they were gone! That's how easily they came out, and that worried me a little. If they come out that easily, then maybe it's not a good thing to think about trying?

If anyone else can chime in, I would love to hear!!  Thanks ladies!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:47 PM

My aunt did extensions for her wedding... they stayed in. Maybe it depends on the quality?

#4 Pablou

Pablou
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hi ladies. I am a professional hairdresser and tbh hair extensions in my opinion are a big must. I'm definately getting mines put bak in for my wedding. For length and also for volume. I have quite fine hair and when I get extensions in its so much fuller. I love it. as for worrying bout how quick they come bak out is up to u. U get various makes. U get clip in extensions which basically u clip in and remove when u like. U can get pre bonded extensions which is bonded onto the hair with heat. Last usually 3-4 months. Micro loops roughly the same time but is a metal piece which is softened into the hair. A weave extensions. Doesn't last as long as it slackens off pretty quick need to get it tightened every couple of weeks. In my opinion I'd say micro loops are best. That's what I'm having re done for my wedding. U can get various colours lengths. Hope this helps. Any other questions just ask

#5 pddcmc

pddcmc
    • 610 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
    • LocationColorado

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

@Pablou - Do salons usually have the type of extensions you mentioned? They are made with real hair, right? So, I assume you wash and style your hair as normal and that they hold up in heat and water just fine? Thanks so much!

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#6 Pablou

Pablou
    • 205 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:03 AM

@pddcmc yes salon offer these services and yes it is natural human hair. U can therefor do everything like you would your own hair. U can even colour them if u wish. Just be sure to look after them properly to maintain the quality. Condition after every shampoo and use a treatment once a week is what I suggest

#7 yayme

yayme
      • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

my best friend put some in for her wedding... she looked awesome

#8 Tracy989

Tracy989
        • 36 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

my sister use extensions  on her wedding and she looked great!

Edited by Tracy989, 23 July 2014 - 06:59 AM.

#9 becassidy

becassidy
          • 151 posts
            • LocationNew York

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

I woudl see how long they stay in for... unless youre getting them done on locations then ensure the quality. good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users