Sign in to follow this  
FutureMrsGlover

Shipping Decorations To Jamaica

Hi Everyone,

I got in engaged July 2013 in Cancun.  At that time, we decided to have a destination wedding.  We are planning on getting married in Jamaica.  My concern is shipping decorations to Jamaica.  Has anyone done this before?  Was it a smooth process? 

I have heard some horror stories about shipping items to other countries and I am thinking it would be easier to just buy everything through the resort and florist. 

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Tish

Hi Tish, congratulations on your engagement!! I'm getting married thus December in Jamaica, and we're using local florists an wedding suppliers.

We are using pat gar wedding services , here's her e-mail shawnpatgar@hotmail. com, or 876-971-4336, she's located in Montego bay. Her prices are pretty reasonable.

I'm not sure how smoothly shipping to Jamaica would go. You may end up having to pay customs etc. It may work out costing you more, than getting local florists. My fiancée is Jamaican, and we're planning to ship our invitations, and suits for the bridal party to his family soon, I'll let you know how it goes.

All the best with the planning :-)

• Like 1

Thank you so much!

Hi hun,

I ship to Jamaica all the time. I ship barrels and they cost about 7000 jmd to clear customs. Make sure you ship well in advance.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

if your shipping to someone you know its one thing. shipping to a hotel would scare me & i wold rather bring it on the plane