Photo

Any Other Simple Decor Brides Out There?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
  • 831 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:23 PM

Definitely do what makes you happiest! I think simple is timeless, and the setting is honestly so beautiful that it doesn't need much.  I'm going for lighting and some pops of colour, but I don't want to go overboard or it can come off as tacky. I've been googling as many pics as I can to get ideas!

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#12 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
  • Site Supporter
  • 371 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
  • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:54 AM

Thanks ladies! I worry, my biggest thing is I compare myself to some of the planning threads on here and I feel like I am not doing enough or going over the top on some things. However, I remind myself that everyone is different and value different things.. Just hard sometimes. Ughhhh...

#13 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:51 AM

yeah - do NOT use Pinterest or the wedding blogs to set any sort of standard. or ANY other wedding. While they are gorgeous, I also think they are unrealistic for many, many brides. (and many of the blogs are styled photoshoots - not real events!). use them for what they are - inspiration.

do what makes you happy, and what fits for your style (and that other thing - BUDGET).

trust me - the guests won't remember a $300 centerpiece vs. a $50 one. they won't remember the elaborate decorations or lack of. what they'll remember is how much love they witness, and how much fun they have at your wedding.

Thanks ladies! I worry, my biggest thing is I compare myself to some of the planning threads on here and I feel like I am not doing enough or going over the top on some things. However, I remind myself that everyone is different and value different things.. Just hard sometimes. Ughhhh...

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#14 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:25 AM

I LOVE Pinterest for simple and elegant ideas! Haha... For me it's been a great inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

you can totally look at my pinterest boards and see where I got the inspiration for every bit of my wedding!!! It's fantastic for ideas & inspiration.

What I was trying to say is that Pinterest is NOT good if it's used to build an expectation or set a standard of "what a wedding has to be" or "if my wedding isn't like this one, it's a failure."  

I LOVE Pinterest for simple and elegant ideas! Haha... For me it's been a great inspiration!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#16 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:54 AM

you can totally look at my pinterest boards and see where I got the inspiration for every bit of my wedding!!! It's fantastic for ideas & inspiration.

What I was trying to say is that Pinterest is NOT good if it's used to build an expectation or set a standard of "what a wedding has to be" or "if my wedding isn't like this one, it's a failure."

Agreed!!!!

#17 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Due to the setting of a dw, your wedding will not be plain at all. It will turn out beautiful.

#18 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

@1BeachBride is right - it will be beautiful just because of the setting!

#19 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
  • 288 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

A lot of people don't do a whole lot extra. It's less to pack and take with you.

#20 Surfingsara

Surfingsara
  • 95 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 18, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Vero Beach, Florida

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

I'm wanting simple, not a bunch of stuff to bring. Trying to determine exactly what I should focus on can be stressful. I've come to the conclusion that everything will fall into place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users