Photo

Did You Put Prices On Your Wedding Website?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 Candyyy

Candyyy
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:19 AM

I put all the prices on my website with a link to book with the travel agent.  But also I let guests know that they don't have to book through this link.

#32 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:26 AM

I put all the prices on my website with a link to book with the travel agent. But also I let guests know that they don't have to book through this link.

How did that work for you? Did you have a lot of guests going elsewhere? Did it impact your perks and bonus offers through your TA? Are you still able to link all the reservations as a part of your wedding group for those that booked elsewhere? I have read too many horror stories on here of parties being moved to other resorts not knowing they were part of a wedding group when overbooking happens... And for guests not being linked to the wedding and it causing confusion that I pushed my guests to book only with our TA. All by 2 of my 82 guests did so (they have a time share in the area and are coming just for the wedding), but I'm worried we might have stragglers book with someone else as we get closer to the date & and am not sure how resorts ensure they are linked to the master.

#33 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:38 AM

How did that work for you? Did you have a lot of guests going elsewhere? Did it impact your perks and bonus offers through your TA? Are you still able to link all the reservations as a part of your wedding group for those that booked elsewhere? I have read too many horror stories on here of parties being moved to other resorts not knowing they were part of a wedding group when overbooking happens... And for guests not being linked to the wedding and it causing confusion that I pushed my guests to book only with our TA. All by 2 of my 82 guests did so (they have a time share in the area and are coming just for the wedding), but I'm worried we might have stragglers book with someone else as we get closer to the date & and am not sure how resorts ensure they are linked to the master.

I offered my guests to book alone or at other resorts too. No one booked at another resort and only 1 family didn't book with us as their son works for westjet. We have 2 families in Mexico - one booked with us and one didn't.

I have to submit my own guest list to the resort as well, so everyone will be on it. I'm sure they just confirm if they are all at the resort as I didn't request any day passes. Didn't affect anything with perks as thankfully 99% booked with us.

Are these horror stories when people book alone or as a group? (I've read some) I bet it happens with both :( It's unfortunate but will not worry about it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#34 ASmooth

ASmooth
    • 39 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Nassau, Bahamas
    • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 17 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

We put resort prices on our website and everyone found it helpful.

#35 cometgirl

cometgirl
    • 106 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

We put our TA info, but we don't have a set price anymore as we reached our 30 limit so now its on a as requested basis. 

#36 RitvikSehgal

RitvikSehgal
    • 70 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:29 PM

I put prices on my wedding website just to give the visitors an idea about the cost of the website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users