Photo

Dreams Palm Beach Or Now Larimar

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AandG

AandG
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi Ladies, I have some quotes from my travel agent for my wedding. The prices are fairly close. I've narrowed it down to these two resorts- Dreams Palm Beach and NOW Larimar. We are expecting approx. 50 guests of all ages. Any feedback is welcomed!

#2 csho

csho
    • 1,007 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
    • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

I haven't been to either, but Dreams Palm Beach was on the top of my DR list!! If it hadn't been out of our budget that's where I would have gone! A friend of mine got married at Now Larimar and she said it was beautiful but the food wasn't the greatest but this was also a few years ago.

#3 kellymiller

kellymiller
    • 238 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
    • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I am getting married at Dreams Palm Beach. So far everything has been great. Our WC, Julie, has been great to deal with so far.

#4 AandG

AandG
    • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Thanks girls. I think Dreams Palm Beach is my top pick but the price point is just a little higher than the other so I'm debating if its worth it. I'm very cautious of the price for the guests. @kellymiller what is your wedding date? We are looking at March too.

#5 kellymiller

kellymiller
      • 238 posts
      • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
      • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:26 PM

@AandG We are getting married Friday March 6th. When are you thinking?

@AandG I have quotes for guests staying at Dreams Palm Beach I can pass onto you if you would like!

#6 AandG

AandG
      • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:15 PM

@kellymiller it will be more mid-March. And anything you can pass on is appreciated. Thanks!

#7 Julia Eskin

Julia Eskin
        • Insiders
        • 42 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

I've photographed weddings at both resorts and they are both gorgeous!

Dreams Palm Beach has a nice garden gazebo and Now Larimar has a nice gazebo by the fountains. 

The beach is beautiful at both resorts (probably a little wider at Now Larimar). 

It's a tough choice:)

They are both managed by the same company so the service and the amenities at both are great!

Creative documentary wedding photographer in Punta Cana!

www.juliaeskin.com

#8 britter08

britter08
          • 50 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 12, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
          • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

We are getting married at the dreams palm beach in November, they have been great to work with so far :) I fell in love with pics of the resorts and other wedding photos I saw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#9 lisamcintyrex

lisamcintyrex
          • 7 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 22, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

I stayed in Dreams Palm Beach back in 2009 and it was simply amazing, so much so that we didn't even look at other hotels when booking our wedding!

It is an incredible place, the grounds are beautiful and the service is outstanding.

Good luck :)

#10 JoWil JoWil

JoWil JoWil
          • 83 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:20 AM

The staff at DPB is incredible.  We were there for our wedding in December and returned for a few days in May.  I can't say enough about Melanie - Groups Mgr, Alexandra - Preferred Manager, Pedro Tomas - Resort Manager.  They take a personal interest in their guests and that translates to every single detail. When we went back in May they all remembered us by name.  I believe all those details made our wedding even more memorable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users