Sign in to follow this  
kcole123

Sending Wire Transfers

Can someone tell if you are sending a wire transfer, if we need to pay the beneficiary fees on their end? I paid the deposit plus the wire transfer fee for me to send it but I didn't pay for the fee for them to accept. was I supposed to pay for this too? I have never sent a wire transfer before and I went to my local bank instead of Western Union because it was my first time and I figured they would know more than me. I sent the wire transfer to the La Barcaza boat and also the Melia Caribe Resort.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Please let me know.

I don't think you would be responsible for any fees they incur to receive the money unless the company clearly indicated as such in your contract. If they didn't stipulate, then I think it would be an expense they incur to operate their business.

@@kmk2016

Hi,

How long does it normally take for a wire transfer to go through...international. I have no idea and will be nervous until they get their money.

@@kmk2016

Hi,

How long does it normally take for a wire transfer to go through...international. I have no idea and will be nervous until they get their money.

I have only ever sent one from Canada to US and it is almost instantaneous, Did you email them and let them know it was sent? Ask them when they plan on receiving it.. and to confirm back when they have your deposit. Do you have a formal contract? If you have proof of your transfer, and a contract with the company I would give them a couple days to confirm receipt but let them know that you DID send it and are waiting for them to confirm your date/booking.

ok thanks. I have let them know and also sent the receipt to them as well showing that I did send it. Hopefully they will get it soon. They told me they would confirm with me once they receive it. I sent it on Monday so hopefully soon.

Do you know if most resorts accept wire transfers as payment for the wedding deposits etc instead of credit card?

Thanks

HI,

@@aborgesbride

I believe they do accept wire transfers mostly but I guess it depends on the resort. both the resort and the wedding boat I booked accepted wire transfers. You should check with the resort you have in mind and see what they do in particular.