Photo

Reception After Wedding

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 immelsara

immelsara
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

Wondering what other couples did for a reception the night of your wedding. I'm uncertain if I wanna do sit down dinner reception or just a poolside, or beach party. We are staying at n all inclusive so I feel its silly to pay extra for a sit down dinner. Any suggestions. We are getting married at RIU Tropical Bay Negril

#2 kellisbaby

kellisbaby
    • 238 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 12, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Punta Cana
    • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:43 AM

Are you having guests?  A reception after the ceremony was included in our wedding package, so we're going that route.  I'll have about 30 guests, so I am pretty sure that I am going to spring for the private reception.

#3 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
    • 288 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 21, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Bavaro Resorts & Spa- Punta Cana, DR
    • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

We are at an all inclusive also. However, we are paying for a reception afterwards. We want time to be with our guests and do the dinner, toasts, first dance, etc. We have 50 people so we have to do something.

#4 cindyd

cindyd
    • 41 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Riu vallarta
    • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

We are getting married at the riu Vallarta in Puerto Vallarta Mexico and we are having the included group dinner and then we have rented the beach bar for the evening..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
    • 288 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 10:30 PM

@ cindyd

Nice! Bar to yourselves...

#6 cindyd

cindyd
    • 41 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 6, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Riu vallarta
    • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

Yes we have reserved the bar for 4 hours after it closes. It does feel silly to be paying for this since it is an all inclusive but it will be nice to have it for just our wedding guests and then we can move the party to the disco once it opens at 11!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 1BeachBride

1BeachBride
    • 288 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Same! It's all inclusive but you have to pay for the privacy. We are having a semiprivate reception in one of the restaurants there. After that, we will do a private beach bash (which we have to pay for). Our own open bar, party food, misic, set up on beach. After that, we'll head  to the club to party with other people staying at resort.

#8 MrsSheppardToBe

MrsSheppardToBe
    • 128 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Ocean Coral & Turquesa
    • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:22 PM

Same! It's all inclusive but you have to pay for the privacy. We are having a semiprivate reception in one of the restaurants there. After that, we will do a private beach bash (which we have to pay for). Our own open bar, party food, misic, set up on beach. After that, we'll head  to the club to party with other people staying at resort.

My wedding package includes a 3-hours sit down dinner on a private outdoor terrace.  The 3 hours includes the dinner AND dancing, so I'm having a pretty short reception (7-10pm).  The resort charges an extra $500 PER HOUR if I want more time... umm no thank you!

My resort will decorate our room with rose petals, chocolate-covered strawberries, and champagne so I think once my recpetion is over we will just head back to our room to enjoy all that ;) But for my guests who want to continue to party, they can just go to a bar at the resort.  I have mostly older relatives, so I don't see too many people wanting to party past 10pm.

#9 malyna

malyna
    • 346 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

@immelsara how many people?

#10 immelsara

immelsara
    • 13 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:15 AM

About 80 @ the RIU Tropical Palace in Negril. Does anyone have any info on what my options are. Do you pay extra just for solely dinner, no extras, we do not want table d├ęcor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users