• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 beckys98

beckys98
  • 543 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

@calgarybride2015 It isn't actually even the vendor fees! We're using the preferred DJ and our photographer is covering the vendor fee. But the DJ is $190 per hour and the photographer is $2,500...not exactly cheap even by Chicago standards. (Those are our only outside vendors.)

He isn't anti-tipping in general. He is from Jamaica so he likes to support Jamaicans and the Jamaican economy, but that also means he knows how far an American dollar goes in Jamaica, so he just has more modest dollar amounts in mind than what I had in the budget :)

#22 JennyZ

JennyZ
  • 66 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Quetzal - Riviera Maya
  • LocationKitchener, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 April 2015 - 03:58 PM

OOOO! I'm so happy I found this thread! I'm jumping in!!!

I have done soooo much research on this topic and all in all, I get no specific answers! lol! I have been told it is completely acceptable to straight out ask your wedding coordinator, who should be tipped and how much, so I will be having that email conversation with mine soon! (I can update any ladies who are interested in her response).

Based on my research and budget, this is what I have personally concluded and am preparing myself for:

$100 - Wedding Coordinator

$50-$100 - Photographer

$50 - Officiant (we are just having a blessing)

$80 - Servers (based this on 4 servers/$20 each)

$50 - Bartenders (based on 2 bartenders/$25 each)

$50 - DJ

$80-$100 - Mariachi Band ($20 each/4-5 people)

Please let me know if I'm way out there with these numbers?! I'm totally second guessing myself and would love to get feedback! I am also unsure, because we are having cocktail hour on the beach, before the dinner/reception, so am I suppose to tip those servers/bartenders too? (Or maybe they will be the same for my reception...?) EKKK! :wacko:

- Jennifer and Frédéric -

Playa del Carmen Mexico

December 1st, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users