New Resort - Royalton Riviera Cancun

@@ljgray1989

I know I can add her on to my room block for $246 per night (single occupancy) so even if I book her in for the 3 nights they want it'll be cheaper than the outside vendor fee. But I'd still prefer to save a few bucks and haggle them down to 1-2 nights. 

You guys should really contact the Royalton wedding planners directly to get confirmation. May was pretty booked up already when I put my deposit down last month and I received my confirmation within 2 hours. Their planners are very quick to respond. It's worth trying at least!

@@sashloz

Thanks, the problem is we have already booked it through Thomson. If I had realised it was going to be this much of a wait I think I probably would have booked directly with the Royalton. I have picked the back end of May though, every post I've seen about May has been about the first 2 weeks and my dates are within the 4th week of May. However, I wonder if its because we are having a civil ceremony that it takes a little longer. Also I have tried to get in contact with the Royalton wedding planners and they didn't respond to my last email.

Edited by ljgray1989

• 2 months later...

HELP!

Hi there everyone!

I am so excited and happy I found this website.

I am in the process of booking the Royalton for my upcoming (nov 2017) wedding. I was looking at the Moon Palace as well.

The date that I want is already taken so I am getting a little nervous with availability.

I was hoping to do the sky Terrace for the reception but my fiance thinks that the ballroom would be a better option because it is air conditioned and might be a better place to actually party comfortably.

Has anyone had a reception on the Sky Terrace and experienced issues of it being too hot at night?

The beach bar is also somewhere that I am extremely interested in? Would anybody be able to email me photos of their wedding?

stefaniep87@@gmail.com

Also.... I am noticing that pricing is much higher than I thought... $9 per charger plate?? :| ... crazy!

Does anyone have a wedding planner there that they recommend???

Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Stef

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning ladies,

I am new to this forum! I am getting married at RRC November 12, 2016! I was looking for some advice on tipping the vendors! We are having 76 guest attend. We decided to go for the symbolic ceremony on the beach, beach cocktail hour and beach reception. We have a violinist for the ceremony, 3 piece guitar trio for cocktail hour, DJ and cigar roller for the reception. We also have photographer and videographer. I was just wondering who, if any of the vendors, did you tip, and around how much? I am reading different DW forums about tipping and the reviews are very conflicting.

Please help!

xo, Leighann 

Congratulations to Royalton Riviera Cancun Brides from That Moment Photo team!

We gladly invite you to check more of our latest works, hope you enjoy them as much as we do :)

Contact us for more info! You can select or make your own package! We also assist you with the Hotel fee.

info@thatmomentphoto.com

When you say, "assist with the hotel fee", what exactly does that mean? How much of it do you pay? I'm getting married at Royalton riviera on oct 21, 2017.

Thank you!

Tori

Good afternoon!

We are getting married at Royalton Riviera on October 21, 2017. We have picked the dream package, and added a DJ, etc. Does anyone know the decor pricing? I've heard a string of lights are $150, is this true? We are getting married at the sky terrace and private reception at the beach bar. Does anyone have pictures of the reception location?

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

Tori

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited about getting married at the Royalton (May 2017) but freaking out at the same time! I was hoping anyone who has gotten married there or will be very soon, would share what everything costs overall at the hotel (ie decor, food) and maybe pictures of their event. I have the brochures from the hotel but not sure how that actually translates to a full event. 

My email is ggutierrez234@aol.com  if you wouldn't mind sending me information. I saw someone else offered this info on this forum but with the way the site is set up it is blocking me from messaging them. 

I am a worry wart and waiting until 2 months before to plan everything with the hotel doesn't sit well, especially for budgeting/saving money for our wedding. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Lots of Love to all the future Brides. 

@@jrobbins3

Heyy, I would love if you could send me your budget and pictures for your wedding. I am getting married in May 2017 and would love to know some more specific information. I am glad to hear you loved your wedding. That puts me at ease! 

My email is ggutierrez234@aol.com  ---- Thank you in advance!

Hi Ladies, Congratulations to all of you on your upcoming weddings! This site in incredible for ideas and suggestions, and tons of information! As well the brides here are generally great for sharing experiences and details.

The one suggestion I would make is read, read, read. There are so many brides that have come before you and they've left behind some real pearls of wisdom. I'm the one that originally posted about this resort and so far I think the experiences have been good. Believe me - any question you can think of has been asked and answered here at some point in time. So play around with the search bar up top. Type in different things to see what comes up. Photographers, flowers, OOT bags, even this resort. 

The other thing I'll put up front is don't get impatient waiting to hear from the coordinators. Generally, once your wedding is booked and confirmed, you'll hear very little form the coordinators until your date gets close. Also, if you email - try to list all of your questions in one message so that they can respond rather than sending multiple emails. These resorts have experience with this stuff. They know what they're doing. But the immediate weddings are the ones that get the priority, usually until about 3 months out from your date. I know that's going to be frustrating for you but try to relax. Your wedding will get the same attention. 

A destination wedding can be a fabulous experience if you let it. Planning from far away can be nerve wracking only if you let it. I can say.... been there done that. Twice actually. And for the most part I loved it all. yes - we had some trying moments but in the end what's important is that you're marrying the man you love in paradise. Whether it's just the two of you the way it was for me or a crowd of 100. And there have been brides here that have had that many people.

Again, I can't emphasize enough. Spend some time on this site and read. There is a wealth of information here that I know will help you with having the wedding of your dreams!

Hi Everyone!

I am so excited about getting married at the Royalton (May 2017) but freaking out at the same time! I was hoping anyone who has gotten married there or will be very soon, would share what everything costs overall at the hotel (ie decor, food) and maybe pictures of their event. I have the brochures from the hotel but not sure how that actually translates to a full event. 

My email is ggutierrez234@aol.com  if you wouldn't mind sending me information. I saw someone else offered this info on this forum but with the way the site is set up it is blocking me from messaging them. 

I am a worry wart and waiting until 2 months before to plan everything with the hotel doesn't sit well, especially for budgeting/saving money for our wedding. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Lots of Love to all the future Brides. 

@@jrobbins3

Heyy, I would love if you could send me your budget and pictures for your wedding. I am getting married in May 2017 and would love to know some more specific information. I am glad to hear you loved your wedding. That puts me at ease! 

My email is ggutierrez234@aol.com  ---- Thank you in advance!

Sending you a quick e-mail with the quote my destination wedding planner sent to me :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...