Hi, everyone! So, we are planning a destination wedding in Mexico (probably Riviera Maya or Cancun) for April 18th, 2015.

I am having some serious anxieties:

1. the guest list is too big to me! (but, we can't really cut anyone out) -we will have at least 35 guests, but probably closer to 40-50

2. I have no idea how to go about choosing which resort. I thought I wanted the Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun, but the package was for up to 20 guests and the packages really didn't have the important things. SO, back to square one.

3. I think that I need to stop being so concerned with the budget because in reality, we are still saving quite a bit by doing a DW instead of a local one.

4. I am also freaking out about photography, hair, and make up. I feel like even if there is a photographer provided by the resort, we should still hire someone from the outside? And, hair and makeup - is it possible to have a trial at the spa? I am terrified of the make up just..not..looking..so...great.. or my hair being too flat... I don't know.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can someone at least relate?

I feel like I am being so dramatic, but I don't really have anyone to listen to these concerns because all of my friends have had local weddings.

Thanks so much for the venting! Happy wedding planning!  :wacko:

• Like 2

Oh if I had a nickel for all the times I've seen this now, I would be rich!!

First thing - relax!!! Gosh - I've said that to quite a few brides. It will all work out. You have a lot of time yet for starters. Lucky you if you don't have to worry about your budget! But I would still advise that you get some numbers in mind.

And get a travel agent!! You don't say if you're in the US or Canada but either way a travel agent will make things so much more stress free, and leave you to work on the things you want to work on.

Another thing - read through this site. All the things you're asking have already been asked, in many forms. Use the search bar at the top. I guarantee whatever you can think of, you'll find it. Check out the resort reviews and see what past brides have said. That will help make a decision a bit easier. Read the photographer reveiws too. Whether you take an outside photographer will depend on a lot of things, buget for one. And your resort for another.

A destination wedding is fun if you let it be, and this site will provide a ton of information and tips and ideas, and the brides here are more than willing to share. Take a look through the site, and enjoy!

Good luck and happy planning!!

• Like 1

I agree with all of these ladies... This site is absolutely fantastic!!! I've found so much helpful information!! And believe me, you are not the only one!!!!

Remember this is supposed to be fun!! Don't get too stressed out!

:wub:

• Like 1

I felt this in the beginning, I'm not an overly patient person to begin with. I wanted all the answers right now. But it takes time and things will fall into place one at a time, you have so much time. Happy planning!

Edited by britter08
  • Like 1

you've come to the right place, pddcmc, as you can already see from all the support of your fellow brides who all started out right where you're standing now - Big Breath :) you've found the right place to vent, get support, and find answers to all the questions (some you may have not even thought of yet - heehe) to dw planning.

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - you're off to a Great Start - well done!!!

The Mayan Riviera / Cancun is a Gorgeous dw location - so which ever resort you pick - it will make an Amazing Wedding Celebration background...as seen in some examples here......with more at wedding albums here: MTM Mayan Riviera / Cancun Wedding Albums

1798167_10152221269289487_1598445926_n.j

1512621_10152140961529487_149698990_n.jp

224018_10151484335504487_2135433601_n.jp

cheers! team MTM :)

Edited by Moments That Matter

Oh if I had a nickel for all the times I've seen this now, I would be rich!!

First thing - relax!!! Gosh - I've said that to quite a few brides. It will all work out. You have a lot of time yet for starters. Lucky you if you don't have to worry about your budget! But I would still advise that you get some numbers in mind.

And get a travel agent!! You don't say if you're in the US or Canada but either way a travel agent will make things so much more stress free, and leave you to work on the things you want to work on.

Another thing - read through this site. All the things you're asking have already been asked, in many forms. Use the search bar at the top. I guarantee whatever you can think of, you'll find it. Check out the resort reviews and see what past brides have said. That will help make a decision a bit easier. Read the photographer reveiws too. Whether you take an outside photographer will depend on a lot of things, buget for one. And your resort for another.

A destination wedding is fun if you let it be, and this site will provide a ton of information and tips and ideas, and the brides here are more than willing to share. Take a look through the site, and enjoy!

Good luck and happy planning!!

Those are all fantastic suggestions. Make a list of all the really important things you want, and then a travel agent will likely be able to help you find a resort that fits all your criteria. Happy planning!

I agree, reading this site has really helped me so far. In fact, I read about potentially having to pay duty on decorations you bring into Mexico- would never have known that without this site! Good luck and happy reading :)

• Like 1

I recommend getting a travel agent if you havent already that specializes in DW. That was very helpful for me when deciding on my resort. I still researched my own and pretty much talked to about 3 different travel agents for their suggestions on the ones I found.They gave great suggestions as well but it was obvious that they favor the resorts they work closely with. Don't feel required to go with the ones they suggest. 

I invited my hair dresser and my friends gf is a Bridal make up artists so I have contracted with them for those services. That made that easy. I am getting married in the DR but there are  tons of Bride facebook groups for different resorts and the vendors that they work with post on there for advertisement. Look into that too! You can see their work.

• Like 1