• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AC2015

• 1 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 4, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Maui HI
  • LocationHuntington Beach CA

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:20 PM

Me and my Fiance got engaged in Dec and due to the smaller size of our family and wanting to incorporate our wedding with time spent with family and friends we have decided on Maui. We plan to do Maui 3 days then fly to another Island for the next 3 alone. At first I was just excited with the Idea of being engaged, being able to look at fun Ideas and Ideas but I have come to the reality that though its a little over a year away I do need to put something's into place so I can let people know out of curtousy. Our budget is about 8K for everything and ideally we would like to do a day or sunset wedding with a good package of pictures and d├ęcor included (flower petals, arch chairs) and possibly hair makeup but not mandatory. For reception we are looking into private luaus, a very small private reception dinner where we can have a first dance and toast, a small charter or catamaran or lastly a nice restaurant with a private area.  I know that also but were open we just don't know where to start. We have about 20 guests as of now.

I am confused on the two sides of the islands and what they offer/what are the better resorts, hotels and possible condos for guests along with budgeting and hearing from the inside source of what I should start with considering we cant go to HI until our wedding.

I would love some input on the areas of the islands, packaged, reception options ect....I figure having real people to talk to will give more favorable results and lift some stress!

Thank you!!

Amber L2C  :wub:

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Welcome to BDW!  You might want to check out the Hawaii section of the site for some information.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 ChristienEarnest

• 183 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:35 PM

Congrats.... on your engagement and up coming nuptials.

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,068 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

You've come to the right place for some great resources of info, ideas and support - so you're already off to a great start, AC2015 - well done! enjoy your journey and have a Amazing Wedding Celebration with your family + friends in Maui !!!

cheers! team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users