879 replies to this topic

#81 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
  • 87 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Sarani is pricey but to be honest I got 8 different photographer/videographer quotes and hers came in about 1k over everyone else and for that quality of work, I felt the 1k was tottaly worth it :)

#82 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

@TinkerSofi I'm not having to pay anything for white chairs for the ceremony or reception. They're included all 120 of my chairs at no additional cost. Just FYI. Not sure why you're having to pay.

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#83 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:57 AM

@khmciver really? just with the always and forever package? that would be great! 

event.png

#84 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

@khmciver really? just with the always and forever package? that would be great! 

I was told yesterday by Miami WC that all my chairs (So long as I chose white standard) would be included in my Sky Deck wedding as well. (Regardless of how many). It was a surprise... but a GOOD surprise!

#85 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

I really liked Sarani but I agree with @mazarin I wasn't sure if it was worth the extra money. The pictures are important but they do end up in a box or a cd and you look at them once in a while, but mostly they collect dust. I didn't want to blow half my budget on pictures. We ended up going with Octavio Montes for photos and video

I was told yesterday by Miami WC that all my chairs (So long as I chose white standard) would be included in my Sky Deck wedding as well. (Regardless of how many). It was a surprise... but a GOOD surprise!

you guys just made my day! hahah. Well I guess it makes sense since they're already charging you an arm and a leg for that deck! 

event.png

#86 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

For those looking at Sarani she also has associate photographers that work for her that have similar style and aesthetic... And work under her guidance, but are a lot less expensive. Something to consider. We aren't using her so i don't have her pricing for this any more- but if you email her she can share. If memory serves it was 1/2-2/3 her price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#87 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
  • 87 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

So out of curiosity, how much did everyone pay for photo/video services? Personally, I got 6 hours photo, 5 hours video and a cenote trash the dress session. I see ocatvious prices, but they dont really look all that much cheaper so I am curious what was the total package cost including outside vendor fee?

#88 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

@kmk2016 - yep, all chairs are included with the package, which is so nice. I just about flipped when I saw the cost of one chair!! I wish their default chair was the chivari chairs, but oh well. 

#89 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:08 AM

@khmciver yeah- I was planning on Chivari chairs for both both ceremony and reception but it was a double charge (two locations and they wouldn't move them).... So I am settling on just reception. Once I get to the resort I plan on begging the onsite WC if they will use them at both, if not... The white chairs at the ceremony will have to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#90 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 26 June 2014 - 07:15 AM

So out of curiosity, how much did everyone pay for photo/video services? Personally, I got 6 hours photo, 5 hours video and a cenote trash the dress session. I see ocatvious prices, but they dont really look all that much cheaper so I am curious what was the total package cost including outside vendor fee?

I booked Photos in Cancun (www.photosincancun.com). They are really responsive and speak great english which makes me feel better. They're $2500 for 2 photographers + an assistant. They also give me a flash drive with all of the pictures after the event which is awesome. I've heard a lot of photographers take forever to send you your pictures. They also allow free access to all pictures so anyone can print them, share them on social media, whatever. They've been really nice and they discounted their fee to $2100 so I only have to pay $400 of the outside vendor fee. They added 3 hours of photography for the rehearsal dinner as well which is awesome. I'm just getting a day pass for that and he just happens to have a camera handy. Haha. Their package is usually 8 hours of photography day of wedding, but he also upped it to 10 hours for me at no additional cost. I highly recommend him. I read a lot of reviews online about him and they were all awesome. I literally couldn't find one bad review. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users