This is all great INFO!!! Thank you so much!! So funny Ive actually been soooo excited about the spider monkeys ( favorite animal) so hearing how much fun they have been with guest excites me even more haha!!! I continue to see brides use the term GI TA.. what exactly does GI stand for??
the shuttle info is great to know. Not bad for 4 people a 20 buck ride!! Alot cheaper compared to some other prices ive heard from some cab companies.
I honestly dont have much info on the Crawl. I haven't looked into it to much. but this is the site my friend said she got the cancun one with the same company. Its 75 dollars a person for 3 clubs. VIP access. and bottle service.
They got great reviews on tripadvisor. I have also seen that there are 2 or 3 other "crawl" type companies.. I will defiantly look into it after we get into complete planning mode.
@TinkerSofi & @racht33 my GI TA had not been to AF until she went this past week for her birthday with her girlfriends. She gave me some information that may be useful.
- great evening shows: specifically mentioned Michael Jackson and 70s/80s themed show
- all bars were great; couldn't pick a favourite
- need reservations at Italian and Thai restaurant but no where else
- all food was UNREAL
- wifi is extra for everyone but bride and groom; very expensive; must pay per device; weekly fee cheaper than daily fee even if only going for 5 days; I think she paid like $180 for 7 devices for the week?! (My notes are at work, I'll clarify tomorrow)
- resort was 95% full and it never felt that way
- monkeys were amazing and mezmorizing
- they no longer offer a shuttle to playa; $20 for 4 people, $40 for 7 (in van cab)
- before going she said do not have your reception on the sky deck (just your ceremony). She changed her mind 100% after going. Said her and her friends all agreed it is gorgeous and worth every penny. She wouldn't recommend an early ceremony as it is so hot, even with wind, but said our 4:30 plan was perfect. We are doing 4:30 ceremony sky deck, 5-6:30 cocktails at zky bar, 6:30 on sky deck.
- didn't recommend beach wedding. They don't move the loungers or anything so tough to not have them or people in your pics. Not private.
- said all the gardens were gorgeous, but weren't going to offer the private setting my FI and I are looking for.
- loved the pier (too small for our group)
- essence was great; pool often emptier than others; less kids
- not like a hard rock where music is blaring and you can't hear the person next to you; lots going on but didn't fel like she was in a constant party
- spots with shade went fast but you could always get a spot on the beach
- seaweed is bad right now and shouldn't be; staff worked tirelessly to maintain it
- few rocks on beach; wear water shoes if you have sensitive feet; nothing to complain about
- amazing spots for photographs all over resort; maintained beautifully
- some brides got married early in the day and wore big satin dresses; she said they were sweating and really recommended I try and find something light
- smoothie bar was amazing. All included unless GI is posted beside it. From what she could remember only protein powder was an extra charge (smoothies with proteins mixed in)
Okay, off the top on my head this is everything I can remember. Please keep in mind this is from my TA, not me! Hope it helps
@racht33 do you have any more information on the playa crawl? If so, could you send it to me? Thanks!
@acw271011 this was a HUGE bummer for me as well...until I saw it was only going to cost $70pp to upgrade to the one bedroom suite (about $140 per couple). At that rate I think it's worth it. We just sent out STDs yesterday so not sure what people will book but I feel like at that price it's likely a lot will want (and be able to afford) the one bedroom option.
@snswedding2016 some info above you may want to read too! ^
I read somewhere that they didnt allow the pushing of the beds together if you request it but some people just did it themselves. So that possibly could be an option if needed. But my TA did state the new essence area has the king beds in some just very limited.
The new essence area seems to be much smaller than the older villas. Even the roof top rooms. debating on where i should request. I would love to hold a welcome party or cocktail party on our roof top. So the # of people that attend will help with my decision. Anyone heard or seen pics/video of private roof top cocktail parties in the rooms?
@snswedding2016 wow the first 2 pics are from the Oriola grill?? So Pretty!!! I love it!! I am really thinking about this location for the reception I love the way the photos look at night with the hanging lanterns. I would love to hear your thoughts about the hotel when you get back!!!
Anyone aware of the "back up rain" location ? and what that may look like ?