879 replies to this topic

#371 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

@khmciver The rectangular tables are 2.44m X 76 cm. The round tables are 1.52m to be exact so just a little bit under 5' 

event.png

#372 sbjzmex

sbjzmex
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

@sbjzmex
We are doing a totally separate honeymoon and going to the Maldives. However, I have three friends who are staying with their husbands and going to other resorts for the week. There is one that is supposed to be awesome if you want me to find the name out.

I only have 25 days until I leave for Mexico and 29 days until the big day!!! Eek!!! So much to do!!

Yes, please- I'd really appreciate if you would let me know what awesome resort your friends are staying at!!

#373 kellymenning

kellymenning
  • Site Supporter
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:18 AM

@sbjzmex
They are going to the Banyan Tree Mayakoba. It is supposed to be amazing. They Rosewood Mayakoba and the Fairmont Mayakoba are supposed to be really cool too.

Wedding Date: November 1, 2014
Wedding Location: Azul Fives Hotel in Playa del Carmen

Photographer: Photos in Cancun - Derek Campbell
http://www.photosincancun.com

Decoration Rentals: Love & Lace Wedding Decor
https://www.facebook...oveandlacedecor

#374 sbjzmex

sbjzmex
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives - Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 October 2014 - 12:30 PM

@sbjzmex
They are going to the Banyan Tree Mayakoba. It is supposed to be amazing. They Rosewood Mayakoba and the Fairmont Mayakoba are supposed to be really cool too.

Thanks- I'll definitely look into Banyan Tree.  I stayed at one in Thailand and it was amazing!!

#375 jhinkle78

jhinkle78
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

Can you PM about your discussions with their GM too? I'm currently planning on Sensatori- but if there are some changes coming to Fives, I could be convinced to switch.... Especially if pricing was right!

Can I also get in on these emails from the GM?  I just set my date for Feb 8, 2015....less than six months to plan, so I feel I'm so behind the power curve!  Yikes!

#376 mazarin

mazarin
    • 28 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 20, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

hi ladies, here's the link to the resort map. it's helping me a lot figuring out where things are.

http://www.resortsma...ves-RivMaya.jpg

#377 Lilgabri03

Lilgabri03
    • 87 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 12, 2015
    • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:16 PM

@jhinkle78, I posted the emails from the GM earlier in the thread, twice actually, once at the beginning, just keep looking

#378 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
    • 2,217 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
    • LocationCanada

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

hi ladies, here's the link to the resort map. it's helping me a lot figuring out where things are.

http://www.resortsma...ves-RivMaya.jpg

this map makes me even more excited to go!  :D

event.png

#379 cassiadams22

cassiadams22
    • 7 posts
    • LocationChicago

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

Anyone bringing their own centerpieces?! We are keeping things very simple...going with the Always and Forever Complimentary Package, since we met the few requirements to get it. So the tables and chairs and dinnerware are included. Are center pieces even necessary, or is the scenery pretty enough that I can get by without them? (we are doing the reception in the garden/pool area). We are also debating on just renting speakers and a dock so we can play our own music, instead of hiring a DJ. any opinions are definitely welcome!!

#380 kmk2016

kmk2016
    • Moderators
    • 1,468 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

Anyone bringing their own centerpieces?! We are keeping things very simple...going with the Always and Forever Complimentary Package, since we met the few requirements to get it. So the tables and chairs and dinnerware are included. Are center pieces even necessary, or is the scenery pretty enough that I can get by without them? (we are doing the reception in the garden/pool area). We are also debating on just renting speakers and a dock so we can play our own music, instead of hiring a DJ. any opinions are definitely welcome!!

We will be bringing our own centrepieces.

As for DJ it depends on how you want your reception to feel. There is no hard fast rule for sure! We have 80+ booked and my family are big dancers... So a DJ to keep the party going was a must for us... But others may opt for a docking station and a great play list and be totally fine! Do what feels right for you and your FI! It's your day!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cancun Riviera Maya

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users