Great! So you're on your way! I wouldn't feel too bad about not getting the sky suite because you will most likely get upgraded ;). I didn't know that, but a few months ago my TA told us we were upgraded from the one bedroom suite to that one :) and they also upgraded my parents from a deluxe room to a one bedroom! I didn't mind staying in the one bedroom but I was pleasantly surprised. I'm guessing it has to do with their availability. When is your wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was planning on getting the sky suite to start with for the rental room, do you think i should get the room under that so i can get an upgrade?   ;)

im trying to go around getting the cost to go lower, the unlucky person taking care of my questions must be going nuts lol... 

were getting married on march 29th ! so almost a year to go !!! 

Edited by vivitazy

i was planning on getting the sky suite to start with for the rental room, do you think i should get the room under that so i can get an upgrade? ;)

im trying to go around getting the cost to go lower, the unlucky person taking care of my questions must be going nuts lol...

were getting married on march 29th ! so almost a year to go !!!

What comes after the sky suite? The honeymoon one? I think if you really want the one after that you could do that but I agree with you, it was a lot of money, which is why we booked the one bedroom and then got upgraded to the sky suite. Even the one bedroom was a bit of a splurge for us because we wanted to pay around $1700 for our room. But we figured that it was our wedding so what the hell haha.

The sky suite is nice to have people over and have a bit of a party up there but truth be told, we spend so little time in our rooms that it wasn't worth paying for it, in our opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi so you guys already know you have been upgraded? I thought it was based on when you checked in. 

Yes! We found out about a month or two ago. I thought it was based on when we checked in as well but I guess not, or maybe not all the time. These have to be approved by Karisma, not Transat and they will give your TA a code. Then my TA submitted that code to the WC so that they're aware who in the group has been upgraded. 

Maybe they wait longer when you're traveling in high season but the way I see it, they're not very likely to book a sky suite with just a regular booking, so they move the wedding people up so they can free up one of their cheaper rooms and make more money through a regular booking ;). A cheaper room still gives you more profit than unoccupied rooms :)

• Like 2

I'll definitely check with Karisma - did you ask about it through your TA or through your WC? Our wedding isn't until Jan so they may not know yet but I agree I have a feeling they may want to release our cheaper room since I'm pretty sure they've either run out or are running out of deluxe rooms. Thanks for the info @@TinkerSofi!

I'll definitely check with Karisma - did you ask about it through your TA or through your WC? Our wedding isn't until Jan so they may not know yet but I agree I have a feeling they may want to release our cheaper room since I'm pretty sure they've either run out or are running out of deluxe rooms. Thanks for the info @@TinkerSofi!

I found out through my TA. I didn't know it was going to happen, so I wasn't counting on it, but then my TA called me to let me know that we had been approved for the upgrade. The WC was totally unaware of this until my TA let her know. Karisma is the one who approves the upgrades but I don't think they communicate that with the WC's. 

Keep in mind we found out about 5-6 months before our wedding, so they might hold off to say anything to you until then. We booked about 15 months before the wedding. I think your TA might have to put in a request, so make sure to ask him/her ;)

• Like 1

@@vivitazy Something I forgot to mention. I don't know if you already read it, but some past brides said they comfortably fit 10 people per table, rather than the 8 they suggest. If you're going with their decorated tables like me it might save you some money ;)

I did a quick search of this thread and didn't see the answer; forgive me if its in another thread.

Although this is not a big deal (more a slight annoyance), does anyone know how much wifi is at AF? I read somewhere $10US per day and somewhere else that it is free in restaurants and your room.

Our STDs go out soon and I know someone will ask me. Hopefully all my friends and family will be there so I won't need to communicate back home BUT I'd love if people could post their pictures of our trip as we go.

Thanks in advance :)

I did a quick search of this thread and didn't see the answer; forgive me if its in another thread.

Although this is not a big deal (more a slight annoyance), does anyone know how much wifi is at AF? I read somewhere $10US per day and somewhere else that it is free in restaurants and your room.

Our STDs go out soon and I know someone will ask me. Hopefully all my friends and family will be there so I won't need to communicate back home BUT I'd love if people could post their pictures of our trip as we go.

Thanks in advance :)

good question! I don't have the answer unfortunately but I was just looking at the map and there are some wi-fi sings around, so maybe it's free in those areas? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies,

I am so excited that I found this post and thank you for starting it!! 

My fiancé and I are planning to get married in July 2016 and are searching for resorts. I must have looked at every resort in Mexico on trip advisor  and Azul Fives has definitely caught our attention. Since you have already booked your wedding date I would really appreciate it if you can clarify some of my questions before I contact the hotel (I want to have some knowledge about the resort before talking to them).

1. I noticed that this resort has a gourmet all inclusive package available. Did you select this for your guests at the wedding? If so how much is it additional?

2. Does the wedding package you chose indicate where you get married? (sky deck, garden, beach) Is food included in the package or is it a separate cost?

3. Has the booking process and planning been stress-free and easy to communicate with the hotel staff?

4. Please you do not have to answer this question if it is too personal. How many guests are you expecting and approximately how much is the wedding going to cost?

My fiancé and I definitely want to have a destination wedding but it is so difficult to choose the perfect resort over the internet. Your feedback will definitely help us out.

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Best Regards,

Amanda