@@sueann20 I've been focusing most of my research on doing almost everything at the terrace but here is what I know so far: 

If you use the free dinner included in the memorable moments package it's just in one of the restaurants. They reserve a section of it off for you but there are other hotel guests there, so you can't really have any dancing or things like that. It's basically just a dinner. You also need to pay $25 pp for anyone over the 40 people maximum

The Sea pier gazebo holds a maximum of 32 people with long tables or 24 with round tables for a plated reception. You also need to add $15 per person to the price of food (food is also on a per person basis but they have a range of prices) 

For the beach reception, you don't have to pay an extra fee on top of the food. You just pay for the menu, which included 4 hrs of open bar and it has a huge capacity, something like 200 people. I'm not sure if you can go for dinner to the Flavours restaurant and then have a party at the beach. 

I hope that helps! 

• Like 1

Also remember that the 40 people included in your always and forever package should be adults when you are doing your counts. Then kids are 1/2 price ($25 extra per adult over 40, $12.50 for kids)... Unless you have your kids order off kids meal and then they are completely free. ($12.50 gives them a smaller portion of your plated meal). You can use this dinner any time and doesn't have to be your reception- ie welcome or rehearsal dinner. You can have a private event like a bonfire at the beach following dinner but that is a separate event and would be charged pp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called my travel agent this morning to see if the hotel had been in touch about confirming the wedding date and she said apparently the hotel is extremely busy so there's a delay In confirmation! wish the would bloody hurry up it's been 8 weeks! Also I think pricing is totally different here for UK customers travel agent said for the always and forever, memorable moments with beach ceremony and sky terrace reception is £4000 which works out about $6800 that's without food and drink... This doesn't seem to be what you guys are paying right??.. X

I called my travel agent this morning to see if the hotel had been in touch about confirming the wedding date and she said apparently the hotel is extremely busy so there's a delay In confirmation! wish the would bloody hurry up it's been 8 weeks! Also I think pricing is totally different here for UK customers travel agent said for the always and forever, memorable moments with beach ceremony and sky terrace reception is £4000 which works out about $6800 that's without food and drink... This doesn't seem to be what you guys are paying right??.. X

You submit your wedding date with the off site team in Florida- not with the hotel itself. As soon as you submit the request, you get an auto-notification stating that your request is pending. Your TA should have received this, as well as yourself being the bride. They are backed up... But I submitted mine on June 4, received confirmation immediately and then got my date confirmation on June 10, and paid deposit confirmation and assignment to a wedding coordinator on June 20th. I would be concerned that your TA hasn't submitted correctly!

As for pricing, it would be no different than US or Canada, only the perks and discounts change. It sounds like your TA isn't doing the math right. Your off site coordinator once assigned will send you all that info and it's always quoted in US dollars and you are responsible for doing the exchange. (I'm in Canada)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe check with your TA again and ask her if she could contact the Miami coordinators just to see what's going on. We booked the last week of May and got our confirmation right away. The coordinator had sent my TA an e-mail with information, etc. but she didn't Cc us. Our travel agent thought we were cc'd so she didn't forward it to us. Anyway, no big deal but sometimes there's misunderstandings like that. 8 weeks seems like a long time, especially when a lot of us have already received confirmation even when booking later than you. 

Maybe the $6800 are including the trips? It seems like a lot for only the ceremony and sky deck reservation. Also, I'm not sure if they charge you the $1700 to just have your reception at the Sky Deck. I thought you just pay $15 pp on top of the menu. The $1700 is just to have the ceremony up there, or that's what I thought at least. 

Make sure they're not upgrading your ceremony with the memorable moments decor. That's another $3000 almost. Unless that's what you want, make sure you are getting their "complementary" always and forever package.  It won't be complimentary for you but at least it will be cheaper than $3000. It's $950 if you're having a symbolic ceremony. We thought the upgrade of ceremony decor was a little too expensive for half an hour and decided to add the memorable moments to the reception tables instead. 

Offices are closed now so I'm going to call tomorrow to see what's going on!! I'm doing it through Thomsons Travel which is one of the leading agents in the UK.. Haha @@TinkerSofi I wish it included the trip! It's $7138.26 just for me my fiancé!! Oh and yes it's including the memorable moments deco for the ceremony. X

Offices are closed now so I'm going to call tomorrow to see what's going on!! I'm doing it through Thomsons Travel which is one of the leading agents in the UK.. Haha @@TinkerSofi I wish it included the trip! It's $7138.26 just for me my fiancé!! Oh and yes it's including the memorable moments deco for the ceremony. X

ohh ok, then the price makes more sense now  :D. That's around how much it would cost us if we added that too. 

Ah ok. What are you doing for decoration for the ceremony then? And just touching on what you said about the $1700 cost for the terrace; is this still applicable even if it's just the reception we're wanting up there. Sorry for all the questions btw! Just getting so bloody frustrated with not being able to know the ins and outs of everything!! Hopefully I'll push things along tomorrow when I call the TA! X

Ladies who are opting for the garden/pool reception; could you please post some info/pics of what you know? X

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for all the info on this thread! It's been very helpful. I had originally picked Moon Palace but after looking through all the information posted on this amazing site I'm re-thinking my decision and considering Azul Fives or other Karisma resorts.

Does anyone know what the cost for a banquet reception is? And what about other private events (I would like to do a private rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding). How much does it cost to extend the reception for a few extra hours? I want my guests to enjoy themselves and dance until 2am! Is there an extra cost for the ceremony if there are more than 40 people?

Thanks so much guys! It's been such a frustrating process trying to figure out how much my wedding is going to cost! Every resort is different and it seems that every resort changes their rules and adds vendor fees, etc.. I already wasted 6 months of my engagement on just trying to pick a resort and I'm losing my mind!

I called my travel agent this morning to see if the hotel had been in touch about confirming the wedding date and she said apparently the hotel is extremely busy so there's a delay In confirmation! wish the would bloody hurry up it's been 8 weeks! Also I think pricing is totally different here for UK customers travel agent said for the always and forever, memorable moments with beach ceremony and sky terrace reception is £4000 which works out about $6800 that's without food and drink... This doesn't seem to be what you guys are paying right??..

@@Vickiw89 We applied through the hotel website regarding wedding day booking and heard back within 24 hrs and received confirmation within 48 hrs. They are attentive if you contact them directly.