Great choice @@Sarahop81 on getting married in Playa del Carmen and holding everything off resort!!! Playa's filled with so much energy, life and colour. 

Happy planning & feel free to check out our website for a little destination wedding inspiration here in the Riviera Maya, Mexico! :)

*To view images of Susan & Andy's awesome non-resort Playa del Carmen wedding click here

*To view images of Eugene & Stephanie's super cool Rock the Dress session in downtown Playa del Carmen click here

DSC_7884-419copy.jpg

DSC_7325-31alogo.jpg

DSC_7546-116logo.jpg

DSC_7700-151logo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Now Jade May 30, 2015!

@@AyeWatSoon Awesome! I am getting married there in March. Have you started planning yet? What locations are you going with for ceremony, etc?

@@smileitseb @@Pablou Same here, we keep saying anywhere from 40-60 people will come lol

Same here...it is such a crap shoot right now! It could be anywhere from 40 people up to 67!

@@AyeWatSoon Awesome! I am getting married there in March. Have you started planning yet? What locations are you going with for ceremony, etc?

Same here...it is such a crap shoot right now! It could be anywhere from 40 people up to 67!

Hey!  We are going with the Pergola for our ceremony, the Mix Bar for our cocktail hour and the Carnival Terrace for our reception dinner. We aren't doing a DJ or dance floor.  We are just having a long table set up for our first family dinner.  Soft music will be playing in the background from our portable Bose speaker. 

What about you?  What are your locations?

@@AyeWatSoon Oh, i like that idea! How many people will join for the dinner?

We are doing Pergola and Mix Bar also! But going to the Bamboo Room for the reception since we are going to have a DJ/dancing and I will need some AC for that part! lol 

We are probably going to have 40-60 people (it's so hard to get a count!)

@@AyeWatSoon Oh, i like that idea! How many people will join for the dinner?

We are doing Pergola and Mix Bar also! But going to the Bamboo Room for the reception since we are going to have a DJ/dancing and I will need some AC for that part! lol 

We are probably going to have 40-60 people (it's so hard to get a count!)

We are expecting around 25.  We'll see...

@@AyeWatSoon I was debating on sending RSVP cards too. Because in my eyes, you can RSVP all you want but unless you book your flight and hotel, you arent coming! Have you figured out the wording you are using for that? I was thinking "RSVP with our travel agent.." but I do not think that's the best way in case people book on their own (even though I do not want them to). Maybe "RSVP by sending your flight and/or hotel information to me by email" I have no idea!

Hi Ladies,

To answer your comment about how to instruct your guests to RSVP, Smileitseb, here is the little paragraph I give to the couples I work with to put on their wedding website or save the date cards:

In order to provide our guests with the lowest price and best service, we have blocked a group of rooms for you all. We have selected a travel agent who specializes in Destination Weddings who will be coordinating the reservations for everyone. To reserve your room for the wedding please contact our agent, Wendy Hicks of Wright Travel. She can be reached by email at wendy@wrighttravelagency.com
She will be happy to take your deposit and answer any questions about the wedding travel for you.

If I can be of any help to anyone, please just PM me or shoot me an email! Cancun/Riviera Maya is my specialty area and area of expertise, and I am happy to answer questions about working with a TA!

TA Wendy from here on the forum!

• Like 2