Room Blocks And Discount Sites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mustlovegreg

• 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Hello! Just curious if anyone has had to deal w/ their resort offering a better deal on their site or other discount sites than they offered you in the room block and what the outcome was. I'm currently dealing w/ this and am waiting to hear back on a resolution but am just curious about anyone else's experience. The only differences in the room my resort is offering at a MUCH (talking hundreds in credits and free room nights) lower rate is that it's a partial ocean view over a full one, of course the listing states an upgrade is provided when available. I have already had a few guests book at this rate or w/ other package deals offered on discount sites, and it seems wrong that the hotel wouldn't honor that as part of my room block, but I really don't know how this will play out. Seems like this type of situation may come up more often these days w/ groupons and cheapcarribeans becoming so popular. If anyone has any advice on how to approach this if they try and tell me it's a no go, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! 

Edited by mustlovegreg, 25 March 2014 - 01:08 PM.

#2 jackielemman

• 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 12, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace, Cancun
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I have this problem right now too. The resort is offering travel agents better package prices and my guests are booking through the agents instead of the resort. But I miss out on free resort credits because of this. Hard situation to be in!

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

If does not happen often but does happen.  We try to price match any promotions that might be going on.  Most of the resorts we work with will honor the price match but not always.

try asking your TA to price match the sale rate.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users