#1 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Melia Caribe
  • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

HI,

Wondering if there are any wedding groups leaving Newfoundland. I am getting quoting for that departure and it's outrageously high. Anybody have this issue. How long did you wait before getting quotes? when is the best time to quote?

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

Congrats and welcome to BDW!

I've heard over the years that trips out of St Johns are expensive. Halifax has better rates if that's something that would be doable for your group. You don't say when your wedding date is, or where you're going. I would definitely try to check different travel agents if possible. Some are better than others. Quotes you can start about a year out, occasionally a little more than a year, but try to make sure you get a price drop protection built in so that if the price does go down you get one shot at saving a bit of money.

Best of luck and happy planning! You'll find tons of information here that will help you out!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 kcole123

kcole123
  • 850 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Our wedding is Mid-Late April of 2015. We are flexible on the dates during that time because I have been told that from one day to the next could be a difference in price. So I am leaving it open for that time. I have tried a couple of different travel agents (10 to be exact) just so I could get some different numbers. But to my surprise everything is coming back over $2000 out of St. John's which is way too high for what I would want my guests to pay. Hopefully I will get something narrowed down soon. This is harder than I thought.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#4 nangtruongit

nangtruongit
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Best of luck and happy planning

#5 Meandhim

Meandhim
    • 706 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
    • LocationToronto

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:59 AM

Most of my family will be flying from NL from both Deer Lake and St John's and my wedding will be early April but I haven't got my prices yet....as soon as I get some I will let you know....are your flights from NL direct? What carrier are you using? My TA told me to wait until June to get prices but I don't think I will wait that long.... I'm just waiting on conformation of my date from the resort because I have a specific date in mind, and then I think I will look for prices. Hopefully it won't be over 2000 like yours!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#6 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

HI,

I have actually been told to wait as well but all my guests are anxious on knowing when and how much. I am still working on finding the best price. I just found a travel agent that works best with me and is very insightful. I actually got a recommendation from here. She is checking out prices for me now and hopefully she said she will have them by weeks end. I will let you know as well. I am looking at the Melia Caribe or the Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Do you have a resort narrowed down?

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#7 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:18 AM

I am looking at April as well. I wanted mid-late april 2015 to try to avoid the easter break. Keep me posted on what you come up with.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#8 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Hi there Meandhim,

I revieved a quote today from Air Transat and leaving from St. John's in come in at $1690 for the Melia. Toronto rates were lower, as usual, and they were $1450. I am waiting on WestJet prices which I was told by my TA that they should be there by the end of the week. I am going to compare the two and if WestJet happens to be higher I am going with Air Transat. Air Canada is saying they aren't quoting for another couple of months. But I want my pricing before that.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

#9 Danamarielouise

Danamarielouise
    • 35 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar Punta Cana
    • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:57 AM

Hey!

We're looking at the same timeline, leaving April 28th from Halifax...  Our quotes for Air Transat on 5 resorts all came back between 1475 - 1650...  But the biggest difference was timelines for final payment.  Cheapest resort was due October 30/14 of this year, most expensive resort not due until February 28/15...  That's a big difference!  The other 2 that are in the 1500 range are due December 15th/14... 

Trying to narrow down between Paradisus Punta Cana/Now Larimar, but Dreams Punta Cana still hasn't left the list! 

#10 kcole123

kcole123
    • 850 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

I guess each resort has a final payment date hey? Hmmmm interesting I did not know that.

Kristy and Nathan

Melia Caribe Tropical

April 17, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users