Photo

Did your photographer stick around for cake cutting?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:40 PM

I just posted another thread saying that I will only have photographer for 3 hrs. Which means there isn't enough time for him to be there to do cake cutting. I don't think I care about this really. But Maye said maybe I can just cut the cake (cupcakes actually) before dinner while he is still there and then the waiters can just serve it after dinner?

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:50 PM

That's what we did. We actually did our first dance, parents' dance, and cake cutting BEFORE dinner so we didn't have to pay our photographer $400 an hour to sit around during our meal. It just made sense.

#3 michelle08

michelle08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,702 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:58 PM

That is a great idea....so like during the cocktail hour? Because I'm thinking I didn't want appetizers during cocktail hour, just drinks because dinner would be so soon after. and that cocktail hour might get a little boring...

Hmm...I am going to have to consider what you did...then once dinner is over..it's just one big party and no more formal wedding stuff! :)

#4 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:00 PM

We were taking pics during the cocktail hour, so it actually was after the cocktail hour, before dinner. It worked out really well.

#5 michelle08

michelle08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,702 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

Okay...that's an idea too...Thanks!!! :) I like options!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

mine did...we tried to get all the big stuff done early so we could then just let everyone dance and get wasted w/o paying th ephotog to stay...he did stay for some of the dancing.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:14 PM

I believe my photographer comes to the reception just for the cake cutting, so I'll probably try to get it out of the way early, before dinner.

#8 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

Leigh stayed all night - partially because that's what the package included, and partially because she was stuck there! not too many ways to leave Las Caletas. hehehe (ok, she could have taken an earlier boat out - but why leave the fun?!) :)

#9 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:38 PM

Mine did stay for the cake cutting 'cause it was going to be right before the fireworks, but if you want to save an hour just do it befor dinner.. no one will really notice.. just the ones that are seating near the cake.. hahaha

#10 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

mine stayed until almost the end, all of the older people did not however so we got almost everything done early in the evening to make it easier for everyone.
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users