8 replies to this topic

#1 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:09 AM

Any other brides or past brides have to pay a deposit to book a date? I'm trying to book a specific date of April 1st 2015 at The Grand Palladium Punta Cana. They want me to pay a deposit of $300 USD just to hold the date...is this normal? They said its a new policy and the WC is on vacation so this is info from her assistant.

I also asked for their 2015 pricing, but they said it's not out yet. I thought you just pay a deposit once you sign a contract. Is it wrong to think if I book a date and pay a deposit now that I should be able to lock in the package and price that's available now? They also sent me the deposit credit card form to fill out but still have said if my actual date is even available.

I want a symbolic wedding and they also said they require a marriage certificate. I was hoping to get married legally at home after Punta Cana so my Nan could be involved, if I do it before she can't go.

Any advice or thoughts?..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#2 kbride2014

kbride2014
  • 175 posts
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:59 AM

Totally normal! Most have to hold $50 to $500! Depending on the package you are going to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I paid the years rate that I booked it though like you are saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 Kelly72714

Kelly72714
    • Site Supporter
    • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 07:50 AM

I had to leave a $250 deposit at Iberostar

#4 Meandhim

Meandhim
      • 706 posts
      • LocationToronto

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for the response ladies....the WC is back on Tuesday so I will have to check to make sure I can have the 2014 price

event.png

#5 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
      • 603 posts
        • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

Any other brides or past brides have to pay a deposit to book a date? I'm trying to book a specific date of April 1st 2015 at The Grand Palladium Punta Cana. They want me to pay a deposit of $300 USD just to hold the date...is this normal? They said its a new policy and the WC is on vacation so this is info from her assistant.

I also asked for their 2015 pricing, but they said it's not out yet. I thought you just pay a deposit once you sign a contract. Is it wrong to think if I book a date and pay a deposit now that I should be able to lock in the package and price that's available now? They also sent me the deposit credit card form to fill out but still have said if my actual date is even available.

I want a symbolic wedding and they also said they require a marriage certificate. I was hoping to get married legally at home after Punta Cana so my Nan could be involved, if I do it before she can't go.

Any advice or thoughts?..

Its totally normal, the Grand Palladium Rivera Maya has the same policy.

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
        weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
        http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
        Joyce

#6 acw271011

acw271011
        • Moderators
        • 3,128 posts
        • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
        • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
        • LocationToronto Area

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Any place I've looked at you have to pay a deposit to hold a specific date. Then the rest follows later on but yes I would expect that would allow you to book current rates. Definitely get in touch with the WC when she's back.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#7 Meandhim

Meandhim
        • 706 posts
        • LocationToronto

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:36 AM

Phew! I have such a tight budget that I can afford any mistakes...I'm a phone call type person so all this emailing without physically talking to someone makes me nervous sometimes...especially when I have no idea what I'm doing!! Haha! This sight has been so helpful for easing my mind!

event.png

#8 CierraG

CierraG
        • 17 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 22, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Tulum

Posted 22 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

I recently booked my date for April 22, 2015 had to put down a $500 USD deposit based on the wedding package I chose. This is pretty much the standard for all resorts. Even if I was to pick the complimentry package it still required a $100 deposit.

#9 kellymiller

kellymiller
        • 238 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 6, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Palm Beach Dominican Republic
        • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

I had to pay a $100 deposit for Dreams Palm Beach. From what I have seen it is pretty standard to have to pay a deposit to hold the date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users