Sandals Brides! How Did Your Evening Progress?

Hi All! We are having our DW at Sandals Montego Bay  this November  1 12014   with  approximately 20 of our closest friends and family, A couple of questions I have for anyone who has been married at sandals. 

Has anyone ever had a similar situation

Ceremony 3pm with some picture taking afterwards

Followed by cocktail hour

Followed by sit down dinner 

Followed by reception. ( i am hoping to have a lounge/firepit type area) with tiki torches etc.

Just wondering if the progression of your evening went smoothly and if  you were able to change locations for each  (cocktail hr/ dinner/ reception).

i Wanted to do hanging lanterns for the cocktail hour and then the lit up stars for dinner since it will be dark out most definitely by then.

Anyone hire any of the entertainment like the fire dancers? etc?

Has anyone used a DJ through Sandals or hired any of the calypso bands...steel drum players? etc.....

Your input is greatly appreciated XOX

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Community Manager

Hi All! We are having our DW at Sandals Montego Bay  this November  1 12014   with  approximately 20 of our closest friends and family, A couple of questions I have for anyone who has been married at sandals. 

Followed by reception. ( i am hoping to have a lounge/firepit type area) with tiki torches etc.

Just wondering if the progression of your evening went smoothly and if  you were able to change locations for each  (cocktail hr/ dinner/ reception).

i Wanted to do hanging lanterns for the cocktail hour and then the lit up stars for dinner since it will be dark out most definitely by then.

Has anyone used a DJ through Sandals or hired any of the calypso bands...steel drum players? etc.....

I would also be interested if anyone had any input on this. LOL  

Which Resort are you getting married at JennaMarie?

• Community Manager

We are going to Sandals Whitehouse and are set for a 3pm ceremony too.  We leave in 3 days so I will have to get back on how it went

Ohh Congrats!!!   Can't wait to hear allllll about your wonderful day!!

• 3 months later...

Are all of your guests staying at Sandals? If so, are any of the things you mentioned given at no add'l cost? Their options of a free cocktail hour and reception based on the numbers of rooms your party books make it a tempting venue but I am still reseaching!   

Yes all of my guests are staying at Sandals. But no they do not give anything at no add'l cost. And its pretty expensive. But thats not to say you can't still have a gorgeous wedding with what they do provide. They give you that Beautiful Beginnings Package which comes with some basic things and the ceremony itself.  I am paying $45 per guest for a sit down dinner. approximatley $790 for decor - $1250 for entertainment such as the steel drum band, speaker rental, and fire dancer.  Really the only thing that I did not like though was that they only give you one appetizer and one dinner option for all of your guests. If you wanted to add more options its an additional cost and you have to ask your guests what they want months before the trip. Everything else though has been a pleasant experience. I have 2 months to go~!

Edited by JennaMarie901

Yes all of my guests are staying at Sandals. But no they do not give anything at no add'l cost. And its pretty expensive. But thats not to say you can't still have a gorgeous wedding with what they do provide. They give you that Beautiful Beginnings Package which comes with some basic things and the ceremony itself.  I am paying $45 per guest for a sit down dinner. approximatley $790 for decor - $1250 for entertainment such as the steel drum band, speaker rental, and fire dancer.  Really the only thing that I did not like though was that they only give you one appetizer and one dinner option for all of your guests. If you wanted to add more options its an additional cost and you have to ask your guests what they want months before the trip. Everything else though has been a pleasant experience. I have 2 months to go~!

Hey I'm getting married at Grande Riviera on Nov. 4th and we have almost the same number of people going. 18 including us. I'm also doing the ceremony at 3pm and am requesting the sit down reception at 5pm since that's closest to dinner time. That will allow time for pictures, etc. I'm also having my ceremony and my reception in different areas of the resort.

So we have the free cocktail hour so we're paying $57 per person for the reception dinner (total of 3 hours, and open bar for the whole time, even the free cocktail hour.. that's $12pp so that's why it's $45 + $12 = $57pp). Also adding a DJ for 3 hours.

I'm still deciding on the menu. I hate having to decide on ONE choice for each course. I also do not like any of the appetizer options lol so I'm trying to get some more options -- my wedding planner (here, not from Sandals) said that once you get to the resort you have some flexibility with the menu -- more than you do with the WC you are assigned from Sandals.

• 2 months later...

@@lild428

Just a few more days! I wonder if you even follow this site anymore but I noticed a couple of your posts and your wedding sounds like what I'm hoping mine to be. Would love to see the pics you get and hear any advice when you get back for a fellow Sandals bride (9/2015).

Have fun and congrats!

• 3 weeks later...

Im getting married April 9th at Sandals Grande Rivieria!!!

We are just inviting parents, so I think we will just venture to one of the many onsite restuarants for dinner after the 30 minute reception. Honestly, not blown away by the seated dinner options, and just find it silly to spend the extra $$ when we are at an AI! I also like that it will give our parents an option to choose their own dinner

Has anyone else done this? Suggestions on which restuarant? Im leaning towards Bayside or Reef Terrance.