Lily's Planning Journal (Pictures And Diy)

If you are still debating the straps, I think it is a fabulous idea to have a chat with the seamstress to get her advice. She can probably give you some additional information about your strap options and how that would affect your options for lowering the back of the dress or vice versa.

Also, when do we get to see pictures of you in the dress!?! We're expecting some in case you can't already tell!

• Like 1

If you are still debating the straps, I think it is a fabulous idea to have a chat with the seamstress to get her advice. She can probably give you some additional information about your strap options and how that would affect your options for lowering the back of the dress or vice versa.

Also, when do we get to see pictures of you in the dress!?! We're expecting some in case you can't already tell!

The pics will have to wait, I'm afraid :( My FI is home with the flu (don't want him to see the dress!), and we don't have enough space in our room to get the dress on for pics... I'll try to post this weekend, but won't promise anything just yet!  ;)

• Like 1

The dress - pre alterations.

Okey, here goes nothing... Here are a few pics of the dress pre alteration! Taken at my bestman's house, in his kitchen (!), so sorry about the background! Mobile pic, so it's a bit dark and grainy... 

As I think I have mentioned before, I ordered my dress waaaaaay to small (about 4 sizes, actually), so you can just guess how happy I was that it fit so well, and a month before it was expected!!! I still want to work on my back-/shoulder-muscles, but I still have about three months to do so! Omg, I really need to work on my posture as well! This is, as the title point out, before any alterations. The hem is far to long - It's supposed to stop right over the knee, and so the train will be shortened a bit as well, I presume :) Sorry, but I have no bra in the pic, so it looks like it's hanging a bit low.... Oh well, didn't need my black bra straps showing!

Front before alterations

Front: Too long, and it is a bit big in the boob-area! I imagine that with the proper fit, it will look much more flattering!

Sideways before alterations

Sideways: Oooooh, look at my tiny waist! Again, sorry about the background :P

Back with veil before alterations

Back with veil: My mothers veil. Its a bit difficult to see the length of the train and the details... Oh, well!

Back without veil before alterations

Back without veil: No back cleavage or much fat spilling over, but I do want to tone the muscles! The buttons are unbuttoned, by the way ;)

So... Any thoughts? If I go with no straps, I really need a necklace... There is just to much skin... I need a bra! x)

I think it looks beautiful!! I love how fun the high hem makes it :) It looks great now and I can't wait to see how it's going to look after alterations.

Have we talked shoes and hair yet? I can't wait to see how your bridal look comes together!

I think it looks beautiful!! I love how fun the high hem makes it :) It looks great now and I can't wait to see how it's going to look after alterations.

Have we talked shoes and hair yet? I can't wait to see how your bridal look comes together!

Thank you! I can't wait myself! First fitting is the 7th of May, and I have lots of sessions with my personal trainer before that! ;)

Shoes.

I'm wearing the shoes on the pic! Hmmmm... I really don't have a decent photo of them :P They are cobalt blue, with glitter heels... Bad pic:

DIY chair ruffles

The colors are really dull... They are very vibrant blue in real life!

Hair.

I have a really challenging haircut when it comes to the fact that I'm getting married! Shaved sides and back, so I'm wearing my hair in a top bun, with an organza ribbon (maybe even a bow). Really cheesy photo I sent to my FI after I got my new glasses, but you kind of get the idea (never mind the no-makeup-right-after-work-look): 

Cheeeeeezy

Jewelry.
I have the wedding bands (of course), a silver bracelet with my name on it (i got it when I was born, and I have worn it since I was 18), silver earrings (simple, with a pearl hanging from them), and a statement necklace - IF I'm not having straps! 
Something like this, maybe?

statement necklace pearls glamour jewels

Ohhhh @@LilyPotter I love the dress!!! Its sooo gorgeous!!! I don't think you need straps! I love the simplicity of it! I am so jealous of your no back fat! I just had my first fitting last night and it actually went really well... my dress fits perfectly, but I have some "back overhang" and I know its just because I have a little bit too much fat on me... shes going to take the back out a little bit though and so that should help with it. I think you look soo great in the dress already! It probably won't even need many alterations. I'd say just go with a nice necklace and leave it strapless... but obviously you have to be comfortable and if straps will make it more comfortable it will look beautiful as well! I love the belt you have with the dress... so blingy but fun!

@@csho : Thank you! I posted these pics on a Fiji-marriage forum, and they said exactly the same! I do feel really comfortable with it without the straps as well! I just need to get a good bra! I never thought that a wedding dress could be so beautiful and comfy at the same time! I feel I can run a marathon in this thing, since it really doesn't feel like I have much on! Perfect for the destination!!!

At the moment I need to shorten the hem to right under the knee, and the boob area is a bit loose. I do believe that I may have to take in the waist a little if i continue training like I do (which I plan to), and that the dress will look even better once I get a bit tan x) Winter in Norway is really harsh, and I always turn out a bit grey before spring! Haha :P

Oh, and I've decided to drop the reception dress (use it for the engagement-party our photographers are arranging for us in Fiji instead!). I've ordered a knock of of my dress from an aliexpress seller, which I'm going to use for the TTD-shoot. So I've decided to change back into my wedding dress after the shoot :) I love it so much, and I want to wear it as long as possible!!!

The belt came with the dress, actually, and it is really gorgeous! I just have to find jewelry that goes with it :) 

• Like 1

Sunday! Planning day! 

At the moment we are chilling out in our living room, with upbeat music, and every wedding related pages I know of open. So far today I have locked down on all jewelry - both mine and for my FI. I wanted to check out the possibilities of ordering a tailor made shirt and vest for the FI here in Norway, but I guess we have plenty of time to get that done... Takes up a maximum of 3-7 days, so I arranged him to have a fitting in the beginning of June. Yay, one more thing to check out of my to-do-list! 

The other day I got a thick envelope from the government of my beloved kingdom of Norway (can you sense the slightly sarcastic tone on the beloved part?)... Don't get me wrong, I love my country, but when you finally get the "Certificate of no Impediment to Marriage" you have been waiting for for weeks, and you see that they got the country totally wrong! I wrote Fiji in the biggest and nicest letters that I could manage in the tiny box we had to fill it in, and can you guess what they managed to put in... No one? ... ICELAND!!! What?! Iceland.... Who in the world got Iceland out of Fiji??? -.-'

I'll have to call them tomorrow, and request a new certificate! Luckily we have time, as my FI repeatedly said to me as I was crying my eyes out yesterday!

But back to planning! First I wanted to talk about food! 

Menu.

Our menu for the day is really simple, actually... Breakfast and snacks while getting ready will be a huge plate of fruit and nuts (we are real suckers for fruit - love it), then we have the ceremony with champagne and canapes to follow. After the ceremony we are driving either to the beach, or to a waterfall on the island (this has to be decided when we arrive to Fiji, I think... We really want to get the feel of the places first. The venue we do not use for the wedding day TTD, will be used for the engagement shoot two days before...), to take formal pics, and to do a water filled TTD-shoot. To this we are bringing a picnic basket with assorted sandwiches, as the dinner will be after sunset, and we really need to have food during the day x) 

Our reception dinner menu. I finished these yesterday:

MENU

Now all I have to do is buy the paper and print them out! I was thinking a thick ivory paper, with a cobalt blue frame... It's hard to explain, but I'll post pics as soon as they are finished! These menu cards are being placed on square, white plates provided by the resort. Under the plates we will have our cobalt napkins hanging a bit down from the edge of the table, and the table cloth is silver sequined, as mentioned before. 

From food, to something entirely different!

Jewelry - Slightly updated.

My jewelry is as I mentioned the other day: I have the wedding bands, a silver bracelet with my name on it, silver earrings (simple, with a pearl hanging from them), a statement necklace, and a simple garter - the ivory one on the link. I wanted it simple, but had to have a garter! 

My FI is wearing his wedding band, this bracelet in black with the coordinates of our wedding ceremony, a silver tie bar with his initials, and a silver pocket watch he inherited from his grandpa. 

To the TTD, we are going to remove every piece of jewelry except the wedding bands, and change into a knock of version of our outfits. We are also removing our shoes, so I have to remember to get my toenails done even if my shoes are closed x)
Edited by LilyPotter
  • Like 1