17 replies to this topic

#11 jd0922

jd0922
  • 21 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

@jd0922 thanks! We arrive on a Sunday and the wedding will be Friday so no worries there

That's wonderful! you get a nice long time to get comfy before the wedding :) Just make sure you wear lots of sunscreen! MY biggest fear at this moment is being sunburnt in a wedding gown!

#12 LissaSou

LissaSou
  • 174 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

That's wonderful! you get a nice long time to get comfy before the wedding :) Just make sure you wear lots of sunscreen! MY biggest fear at this moment is being sunburnt in a wedding gown!

Yes! Lol. Fingers crossed! I've never burnt down there before, so I didn't even consider that. My fiancée on the other hand.....

Edited by LissaSou, 18 March 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#13 BDABeachBum

BDABeachBum
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Ok, so just so I am understanding this right beacuase I'm trying to figure this out myself....You  can get married legally in Mexico and have the ceremony in English, but you have to find a judge who speaks English? Or can you only have a symbolic ceremony in English? Sorry, just a bit confused and just got into all this wedding planning....Thanks!

#14 LissaSou

LissaSou
    • 174 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hi @BDABeachBum!

From the research I did, some resorts will provide a judge that speaks English for a legal ceremony, and some do not. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. When I was looking at various resorts wedding websites, they usually stated whether or not the judge would speak English or if the wedding co-ordinator would be translating for the ceremony. Hope that helps!

#15 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

My fiancé and I will be arriving 4 business days prior to our legal ceremony, but what about witnesses? I was told we need 4 but read in a few places that 1) they 4 cannot be the bride and groom's parents and 2) the hotel can provide witnesses for you. Info on this? Wanted to know for booking/planning!

#16 LissaSou

LissaSou
    • 174 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

@nattiegams325 you may have to use the search bar to answer your question - most resorts can provide witnesses and I know for sure if you bring witnesses with you they have to be in the country a few days before the wedding. I don't know for sure if they can be family or not. Are you just going down with your parents?
    @nattiegams325 you may have to use the search bar to answer your question - most resorts can provide witnesses and I know for sure if you bring witnesses with you they have to be in the country a few days before the wedding. I don't know for sure if they can be family or not. Are you just going down with your parents?
    Whoops! Lol

#17 nattiegams325

nattiegams325
    • 228 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 23, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Whoops! Lol

I actually listened to to the Dreams Riviera Cancun webinar this past Saturday through this forum and got to ask the wedding coordinator directly! For the legal ceremony 4 witnesses (can be anyone, including parents, as long as they're over 18) have to be there 4 business days prior, along with the bride and groom, or the hotel can provide them. One less question to stress over haha :-)

#18 LissaSou

LissaSou
    • 174 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

That's right! I feel like I have a checklist of things I'm worrying about and it feels really good when I get to cross one off lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users