Late 2015/early 2016 - Keener!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 andreav84

• 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

Just introducing myself!  Figured it was about time considering all the creeping, researching, and more creeping I've been doing!

My other half of more than 8 years and I recently decided to finally make it official.  We are aiming for late 2015 early 2016.  It's a little ways off, but we need time to save and so do most of our guests.  We have son who will be almost 4 at that time, and it looks like we will have 10-15 young kids attending as well.  It is going to be awesome.  And, we will probably have a large group.  Affordability is important, as is a big enough resort with enough to do that we don't all have to hang out together the entire time (...sorry if that sounds harsh...)  Oh, and I want a sunrise ceremony, or at least a morning ceremony... but just a symbolic ceremony, as we are bringing someone to help us through our vows.  

Hmm, any advice on ANY of that?  I am overwhelmed with step one: selecting a location.  I am working with a TA who knows me very well, so I know I have a lot of help...but she can't do much until I narrow down a few locations. 

EXCITED!  But, overwhelmed!  ALREADY!

Thanks, in advance, for all the help I'm sure you will give over the next few years. :)  You've ALREADY been very helpful!

#2 acw271011

• Moderators
    • 3,123 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Congrats! And welcome to the site! You've already found out how helpful everyone is here, with information, tips and ideas. Definitely half your battle is coming up with a location, and there are some awesome, beautiful places to plan a destination wedding! And I think the fact that you have a TA will help you make your decision. It might help if you read the resort reviews too to see what other brides have had to say about where they got married. You absolutely have time on your side to find what you want. My personal choice would be Jamaica just because it's so easy to actually get married there. One of the reasons we chose not to get married in Mexico is all the reasons that you'll see here. So many brides do the legal stuff at home first, but it was something that I didn't want to do. It's a lot of work to get legally married in Mexico, no doubt about it. Jamaica is completely different. We were both divorced and even with that there wasn't any hassle at all. I'm super glad we did it that way, and Jamaica has some fabulous, beautiful resorts that will accommodate your group size and the fact that you have little ones that will be part of it!

Have some fun with it, and enjoy! Happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#3 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

we love creepers that turn into posters!  welcome!!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Kardev

• 79 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:07 PM

We are also in the planning stage. Planning for April 2016 still deciding between Cancun & Puerto Vallarta...any suggestions would be appreciated...We have looked at Iberostar in Cancun/MR and Now Amber in PV

#5 kmk2016

• Moderators
      • 1,468 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:55 PM

Welcome! Feb 2016 here... And Mayan Riviera for us! Originally thought we would do Jamaica, but after looking into it more, the Mayan was perfect for us- and closer for most of our guests to travel.

Looking forward to planning alongside you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 Kardev

• 79 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:28 AM

Congrats we are also planning for 2016

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
        • 3,070 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:13 AM

Welcome to our forum community, Andrea, and Congrats on your dw coming up!!! how wonderful to have some additional time for saving up.....good planning :)

Here's one option that's child-friendly......the RUI Palace Playacar where Linc captured this magic wedding "moments

that matter" with more at the album link here: RUI Palace Playacar Wedding

Hope it all works out Great!!! cheers - team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                              100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users