When To Book All Inclusive Group Travel Packages From Canada

@ I have not signed a contract with the TA, only met once and have been emailing a few times.

@@acw271011 Thanks that's very helpful! So when is the best time to book? LOL. I imagine 6-8 months before departure for a large group?

@ I have not signed a contract with the TA, only met once and have been emailing a few times.

@@acw271011 Thanks that's very helpful! So when is the best time to book? LOL. I imagine 6-8 months before departure for a large group?

Just as an FYI- Canadian bride in another thread booked almost a year out and was told that after only 30 of her guests had booked, when she went to reserve another spot- the resort was in "sell-out status" and could not accommodate any more guests. They had to change their plans and move to a totally different resort!! So 6-8 months out may- depending on the time of year and resort popularity, not be enough time to ensure your party can all stay at the hotel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just as an FYI- Canadian bride in another thread booked almost a year out and was told that after only 30 of her guests had booked, when she went to reserve another spot- the resort was in "sell-out status" and could not accommodate any more guests. They had to change their plans and move to a totally different resort!! So 6-8 months out may- depending on the time of year and resort popularity, not be enough time to ensure your party can all stay at the hotel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O wow.. good to know!

I see. So it sounds like you typically would sign a contract then. Thanks so much :)

• Like 1

I would say if you can get a rate a year out - if they'll give you one - after shopping around, and if you're ok with it but make sure you get the price drop protection into your rate. we were allowed one price change if the cost went down up to I think 8 weeks before we left. Because you know that the cost of your trip is going to go down. They always do. Definitely 6 to8 months might be just a little too tight if you have a large group.  And yes if it's a really popular resort you need to keep checking with your agent on space. But be prepared also if you book that far out that your departure day can very easily change and be prepared for it. i've seen it happen several times to a few brides on this site over the last couple of years and they were all Canadian.

• Like 1

Hi ladies,

I am a Canadian TA and you should be able to get rates within 11-12 months for the most part. Each supplier is slightly different but the benefits are similar.usually a free traveller (excluding taxes) extra luggage allotment, private transfers and the ability to hold 30 seats for 90 days giving your guests time to put their deposits down. There are many factors that affect pricing but again most will offer a one time price drop if space is available to rebook the whole group. If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me. I can even look into rates if you'd like however I do work emergency travel services and work wonky hours.

Personally we've travelled from Toronto with a group of 18 to Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana in May 2012 (approx $1350pp) RIU Guanacaste,Costa Rica (approx $1450 pp) in Jan 2014 with 14 and we are just planning now for RIU Ocho Rios, Jamaica in April 2015 (approx $1550pp) for my wedding.

Thanks for info!

• Like 2

We booked 12 months in advance and we go the best price. We had a price drop guarantee however the price ended up going up significantly! We were so happy we booked when we did!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@@Maggietron I am a TA and I have a bride who we've already gotten quotes for who is also planning on getting married Nov 2015! Never too early to start planning! Have you thought about where you want to get go?

@@Maggietron I am a TA and I have a bride who we've already gotten quotes for who is also planning on getting married Nov 2015! Never too early to start planning! Have you thought about where you want to get go?

I'm thinking Bahia Principe Coba/akumal, I just love the way the hammock wedding site looks, on the beach but not where people swim so there won't be people in your photos, but I can still go barefoot. 

• Like 1

Aw man, I'm so anxious to start planning, but we're hoping for Nov 2015 and that's still so far out!

I am a bride who is already planning my wedding for Nov 2015!

I am sure I have been driving my TA crazy with all the quoting, but my FI and I want to stay with a certain budget for our guests and for ourselves. So far a few of our top picks on resorts have been ruled out because they were significantly higher than what we had planned.  

My TA keeps assuring me that we have 'lots of time' but I am having my best friend do my save the dates (and invites down the road), and he is VERY detail oriented so I would like to give him lots of time to work on them. Plus, I feel the pressure from my guests already with the " when is the date?" "where are we headed?" " how much should I be saving?" questions. 

I would start looking at the resorts and wedding packages that you like now, just to see what is out there, what they offer, and what you and your FI are looking for. :) 

• Like 1