Photo

My Best Man.....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Reggie

Reggie
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:54 AM

.....Is really not the type of guy I can see getting married anytime soon. He hasnt had relationship last more than 3 months since we were 18. His perpetual philandering left me to believe he didnt really think much of the whole idea of marraige in general. BUT tonight he told me that he was up for 3 hours last night thinking of what he is going to say in his speech.At first he was just worried about what to say then, he got annoyed at himself because its still 5 months away, and then he got even more annoyed that he just spent the previous 2 hours worrying and getting annoyed over something happening "next year"....

What this means to me is that, deep down he is truely happy and excited, not just to go to Jamaica and boom boom with European chicks on holiday, but that he truly is happy for Heidi and I finally sealing the deal. Not that my friends are against marraige, its just none of them are even close to the prospect of it in their future. I know of the all guys I could have had as BM, I picked the right man for the job----But since we were in a bar and around other guys, I bitch slapped him and told him to go home and get his testicles cuz he clearly had left them there....

#2 beachbride08

beachbride08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,372 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Reggie
      .....Is really not the type of guy I can see getting married anytime soon. He hasnt had relationship last more than 3 months since we were 18. His perpetual philandering left me to believe he didnt really think much of the whole idea of marraige in general. BUT tonight he told me that he was up for 3 hours last night thinking of what he is going to say in his speech.At first he was just worried about what to say then, he got annoyed at himself because its still 5 months away, and then he got even more annoyed that he just spent the previous 2 hours worrying and getting annoyed over something happening "next year"....

What this means to me is that, deep down he is truely happy and excited, not just to go to Jamaica and boom boom with European chicks on holiday, but that he truly is happy for Heidi and I finally sealing the deal. Not that my friends are against marraige, its just none of them are even close to the prospect of it in their future. I know of the all guys I could have had as BM, I picked the right man for the job----But since we were in a bar and around other guys, I bitch slapped him and told him to go home and get his testicles cuz he clearly had left them there....

I can't wait to hear what kind of speech he comes up with!
      Michelle

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:13 AM

Hehe, too funny Reggie! Better keep your membership here a secret from the boys, can you just imagine the bitch slap you would get if any of them found out you joined a wedding forum

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:36 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by dragonfly
          Hehe, too funny Reggie! Better keep your membership here a secret from the boys, can you just imagine the bitch slap you would get if any of them found out you joined a wedding forum
          good point! HAHAHA

Reggie - be careful b/c if you act up Heidi may print this thread and mail to your friends

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:28 AM

Hahaha, that's great. Glad to have you here Reggie!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 Spazz

Spazz
            • VIP Member
            • 10,482 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:31 AM

Quote:
              So true! Haha!!!!

#7 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

Quote:
                good point! HAHAHA

Reggie - be careful b/c if you act up Heidi may print this thread and mail to your friends
                LOL! I love having the power.... hehehehehe.....

I'm sure he's going to come up with a great speech; pretty nice that he's already thinking about his speech while you're not even thinking about what you're going to wear that day
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#8 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
                • VIP Member
                • 4,116 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

That's great story!! lol! Honestly though...I think that's cool that he's so into it and excited for you guys. It's always great when you feel like your friends are genuinely happy for you.

Love the bitch-slap part of the story too...classy! ;-) Lol!!!

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:23 PM

That's awesome Reggie! Love the story.. and yes, can't wait to hear the speeche he gives you guys :)

#10 Reggie

Reggie
                    • 21 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by beachbride08
                      I can't wait to hear what kind of speech he comes up with!
                      Haha I can only imagine....but whatever it is im betting it will be memorable. Memorable for what however...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users