My wedding planner just spent several weeks at all 3 resorts Generations Maroma, GRM, Castitas etc. she said that Generations Maroma has a better beach than GRM, however this is a much smaller boutique type resort and not that great for large parties like weddings. She thought it was a better option for a secluded honeymoon. It also isn't as fun as GRM because you can use all 3 resorts and access more restaurants etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

Thanks for the compliment on my profile pic @@girlinthecity97 !

I apologize for the late reply as I am on my vacation right now but Generations RMY was amazing and if you want to see photos of the chapel, cocktail hour option, the pier, rooms, and some of the restaurants then you can email me at aliyedwinramirez@@gmail.com

The grand opening was earlier this month so of course the resort is quiet at the moment with 40% occupancy and still under some construction like the sky wedding deck similar to Azul Fives so by 2015, the kinks of a new resort opening will be all set.

Let's just say that if Edwin was with me, I would have left my deposit with my coordinator Ingrid Herrera right then and there. I have to tell him about generations but he loves the Karisma brand so we should have the ultimate decision very soon.

I think someone asked me earlier about whether I stayed at Generations or not. I stayed at Azul Fives and site inspected Generations and met with Ingrid who would be my wedding coordinator should I choose to book at Generations. She was awesome and honest about hoe the process of booking a destination wedding at Generations is. I also met Anna (another coordinator) who was extremely knowledgable and sweet.

I decided should everything go well and I book at Generations, then I'd like to have a catholic ceremony at the Chapel, have the cocktail hour at the Sky Wedding Deck, and then have the reception at The Pier.

Now I will be laying in the sun, talk to you all soon! :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

post-277819-139998206731_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998209473_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998211927_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998213799_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998215677_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998217523_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998220813_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998226217_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998227893_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998228893_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998230195_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998231873_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998239814_thumb.jpg

Yes I just tried to upload photos and for some reason it's not working :-( if you want to see them just email me :-)

@@lizandkeevin hello! No I'm not mainly because I saw the resort on this trip and asked a ton of questions a outer the wedding planning with Ingrid directly so didn't have plans on attending BDR. Have tons of fun though; it's an amazing property!

post-277819-139998222187_thumb.jpg

post-277819-139998224565_thumb.jpg

@@Aliyedwinramirez thanks for sharing. It looks like your last 2 pictures did come through I emailed you to see the rest. So excited! I was feeling a little on the fence about the pier because I don't like enclosed locations (slightly claustrophobic) was it spacious? I'm glad to hear about the construction of the sky weddings, I would rather have my ceremony there or in the chapel. I need to avoid the beach with my dress;)

Hi! I forgot to mention the pier was very spacious! Great space.

The pier was a great space! Didn't feel claustrophobic so no worries there :-)

I just went to the grand opening of Generations Riviera Maya and participated in the ribbon cutting.  You can see me here behind the purple light ;)

630x355.jpg

The rooms are gorgeous and the food was AMAZING!  Like I would go and pay to eat the food that was served.  I cannot wait for my trip in less than a month.

We also have an exclusive.  In addition to free rooms, upgrades, free wedding package (You can read more info HERE) we are offering our brides and grooms 2 spa certificates to the spa bar for themselves and well as their parents!  This is over a $500 value!  contact me for more info :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Generations brides! I hope everyone is having a great time wedding planning. I will no longer be on this thread because we have decided to plan our wedding at Azul Sensatori based on room rates for our wedding guests and bridal party. I wish you the best of luck! Congrats once again!

Alison

Alison

@@Aliyedwinramirez - thanks so much for sharing your pics and for the tip about the pier.  Like @@rtscent - I was really apprehensive about using that location for reception and possibly cocktail hour. I'm still toying with the idea of just doing cocktail hour on the sky deck but don't know for sure b/c they still haven't finished it yet.  CONGRATS on picking Azul Sensatori!   We were really really torn between there and Generations/EDR.  The onsite wedding coordinator at Azul Sensatori was amazing!  She was SO on top of her game and full of great decorating suggestions when we toured the resort with her. 

Happy planning & don't be a stranger since we are all Karisma brides! :) 

@@rtscent - how are you? how's the planning going? My fiance induced mild panic attacks by pointing out July will be 6 months out from our wedding. Between hunting for a house, helping proof his B-school papers and working long hours, I think I hit a wall and have fallen behind on the planning front. Now my mom and sister are really hounding me about dress hunting. I just feel so unmotivated. I forced myself to get back on this site b/c I missed chatting with others and maybe it will help me get my planning mojo back. :) 

@ - thanks so much for the update on the food. I look forward to hearing about your trip there next month.