17 replies to this topic

#11 kmk2016

• Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:03 AM

Congrats and welcome. There are a few Canadian boards here too- as there are a bunch of Canadian girls here that are familiar with some of the challenges and differences dealing with travel from here!

You will find a ton of info on these boards!! You are in good hands!

#12 KathyandEthan

• 170 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
  • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:20 PM

i found that Riviera Maya/ cancun was the easiest and most cost effective for our guest so we went with that. 

#13 Nadika

• 45 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Montserrat

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:24 AM

Congrats hun< im just like you unsure where to start.. but know i want to get married in the caribbean..

we shall start this crazy journey together lol

The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make - not just on your wedding day, but over and over again - and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.

Barbara de Angelis

#14 angelajackson

• Site Supporter
  • 114 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 6, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar Punta Cana
  • LocationSpruce Grove, AB

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:13 AM

I found Cancun and Mayan Riviera to be most cost effective and seats available. Jamaica and Dominican Republic came in much higher and very limited options of flights left for Spring 2015.

Happy Researching!

#15 Maggietron

• 294 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 11, 2015

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

Thanks, Everyone. I'm thinking Bahia Principe Akumal or Coba for Nov 2015, but I'm still thinking about a plan B in case we decide to just run off and elope with our two best friends instead. 

#16 keezy

• 151 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

Congrats!! Lots of reviews on different resorts on here and great place to interact with other Canadian brides:)

#17 Dreamteam17

• 194 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Tulum Beach
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:13 AM

Congrats on the engagement! , I guess a deciding factor could be if you wanted to share your day with close family and friends or if you would mind not having them there. If you are doing a AHR or not. I agree with speaking with a travel agent about options and once you have decided reviews could help out as well. Everyone has opinions so it's really what is going to make you guys happy and make your day great. Jamaica is the easiest country to get married in , we are doing Mexico and you need blood work and to be in country 4 business days before you may get married unless you get married here first (that's what we are doing). So travel agent gave us all this information when we met with her.
Both A and B sound great though:)

55 guests booked plus bride and groom :)

#18 Chrysta

• 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Congratulations and happy wedding planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users