• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 nikitaandjarrel

• 6 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana, DR
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Hi everyone! This site was highly recommended by a friend who is planning her destination wedding and so far it's amazing. My fiancé and I have just begun the planning process and are finding it hard to even pick an island!! So far we have narrowed it done to Aruba, Bahamas, St. Lucia or Jamaica.

We are hoping to not have guests spend more than $1500-$1600 for a May 2015 wedding with a children friendly resort.

Any suggestions for places that others have liked or been to would be greatly appreciated!! Feeling a tad overwhelmed with all the amazing resorts out there and are finding it hard to find any inclusive packages (hotel + resort) for May, 2015.

#2 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

Welcome to BDW! And congrats!!

This site is an amazing resource of information, tips and ideas. I would highly recommend that you do take the time to scout around a little and see what there is to offer!

Having said that, I was married in Jamaica and it is an island that just seems to spell "romance" if that's possible! lol I'm not sure where you're located, but for that budget amount I would highly recommend Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica, in beautiful Runaway Bay! We had a wonderful time there and I would recommend it still to anyone that asks!!

Check out the Resort Reviews on this site and see what other brides are saying about resorts. You can break it down by region which should be a help. As well feel free to contact Wright Travel on this site. They are destination wedding professionals and a fountain of information!

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#3 FutureMrsSam

• 176 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Welcome to the site :) you are going to LOVE it

#4 crspoon10

• 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Sandals Grande Riviera, Jamaica
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

Congrats!  And happy wedding planning!  This site is sooo helpful. :)

#5 LillyLife

• 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Congrats and happy planning! My fiance and i were also interested in many of the locations you mentioned but found the same problem with keeping it affordable for all guest. Just take your time and consider all options and other locations as well. It will come to you as you rule out what it is that you do not want. 

Good luck!

#6 Tamra

• Banned
  • 36 posts
  • Wedding Location:Cuba, Cayo Coco
  • LocationMemories Flamenco

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:58 AM

welcome :) I just joined as well and am loving this site :) So much helpful, useful info!
Happy planning and congrats :)
We were recently engaged in Cayo Coco, Cuba At memories Flamenco and he has some amazing photos from our trip that may help you ladies make a decision.

We are also returning for our wedding in January 2015 at Memories Flamenco and am loving this planning process!!!!

Also let me know how your planning is going and feel free to message me for any info or advice I may be able to help with.
Happy planning!

#7 mckievme

• 183 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:45 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the site! Love all the new 2015 brides are showing up!

#8 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

Yes, the time flies by fast, and the more time you give your guests to save up for their travel, the better for everyone :) Hope you're all finding the resources you're looking for to complete your Wonderful Wedding Celebrations - Cheers!!!

all the best ...team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                        100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#9 MariaandDimitri

• 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hey! I just joined the site and I'm pretty much in the same shoes as you.  I'm thinking May 2015 for about $1500/person.  I'm really excited I found this site....so much to read though!!!

Happy planning :)

#10 danielleandryan2015

• 100 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 19, 2038
      • Wedding Location:RIU Palace Tropical Bay, Negril Jamaica

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Hi and congratulations! I am also doing a May 2015 wedding. I knew right away that I wanted to go to Jamaica though, so didn't have that problem! We decided on the Riu Tropical Palace in Negril. It will be right around $1600 per person for a 7 night all inclusive stay. Some people are going for less days and so they will only be around $1200 pp. They do allow kids there, but it is not necessarily "family" centered. The sister resort right down the beach is Riu Club Negril and they have free kids under 5. However, if you stay at the Tropical Palace like we are, we also have access to the other resort for all its restaurants and amenities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jamaica, aruba, allinclusive, Bahamas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users