5 replies to this topic

#1 snorfle1

snorfle1
  • Site Supporter
  • 68 posts
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton
  • LocationJamaica

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:15 AM

Hope someone can help me out.  Everything I am reading tells me that I need to have a "notarized copy of final divorce decree".  I have a certified copy of my final divorce decree.  Do I need to take that to get notarized...or is the certified copy what they need?  I'm so confused..lol,

#2 cirred

cirred
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 8, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Tropical Bay
  • LocationNegril, Jamaica

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Congratulations Snorfle1! I am getting married in Jamaica as well. We had to have the signature page of the certified copy of our final divorce decree notarized.

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

Hope someone can help me out.  Everything I am reading tells me that I need to have a "notarized copy of final divorce decree".  I have a certified copy of my final divorce decree.  Do I need to take that to get notarized...or is the certified copy what they need?  I'm so confused..lol,

Congrats and happy planning! Yes - you will need to get the final decree notarized and be prepared to leave that in Jamaica. That's what will go to the Registrar so you won't get it back. I'm not sure why but we didn't have to provide it all in advance. I pdf'd everything down first, then brought all the originals when we arrived, including the final divorce papers. But I've read other posts where the ladies had to provide eveything in advance. Check with whichever resort you've chosen to find out how they do things. There don't seem to be too many consistencies in Jamaica! lol ya mon!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 henrywiggins

henrywiggins
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 10:46 PM

You can ask a legal person who is in this field or you can visit at  some websites which would provide you exact knowledge.

#5 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 29 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

I was married in Jamaica in June - while I didn't have to provide a divorce degree, we simply scanned notarized COPIES of our birth certificates and passports and emailed them to the wedding coordinators. The notary included a letter stating that he saw the original copies and basically we are who we say we are. We never had to provide originals and had no issue getting our license.

#6 u2bjohnson06

u2bjohnson06
    • 7 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica!!!
    • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:04 AM

I am getting married in Jamaica on 10/29/16. We had to have notarized copies of the divorce decree. We sent originals via mail to the wedding coordinator at Sandals. We're set to go!!  :wub:

Counting down 10/29/16!! :wub:  :D  ;)  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users