Please give your advice! Should I plan to wear a veil at our beach wedding or not? I am worried it will get a lil crazy with the wind at the ceremony on the beach but I do really like the pictures with the bride and groom kissing under the veil.

• Like 1

I'm wondering the same thing actually! You could always get a veil and just wear it for pictures afterwards?

Yeah I think you're right, maybe just use it like a photo prop. Just have to keep cost in mind if it's only for pictures :) Thanks!

I'm wondering the same thing actually! You could always get a veil and just wear it for pictures afterwards?

@@kellymiller you read my mind! If you don't want it for the ceremony, then use it for photos! I think a veil can make for beautiful pictures, and a fun prop!

I'm not doing a veil as I'm worried about the wind too. It's the same thing as hair up/down? I love the outdoors and am so excited about my beach wedding, but there will always be a sea breeze.

• Like 1

I was thinking about wearing a birdcage veil, so it still looks cute, but too short to blow crazy in the wind.

• Like 4

I was debating between this as well. A friend of mine gave me a veil she didn't end up wearing for her wedding, so my plan is to take it and wear it; however, if it ends up being too windy, I just won't wear it. I have a large flower I am going to wear in my hair with (or without the veil). I am hoping it won't be too windy though as I do love the look of a veil, but I don't want to be distracted by it throughout the ceremony.

I found veil weights on Pinterest by savetheveil.com, I'm thinking about using them myself haven't made a final decision though,  might be a good option if the wind is too bad. 

• Like 2

yes they do, mostly in a silver finish with a silver stone, some pale shades but they are meant to be seen so they worked fine.

My mom really wanted me to wear a veil so I wore one and was actually happy I did.  It completed the look.  I took it off mid way through pictures for a little bit of a different look.

The weights really made a difference.

• Like 1