Outside Vendor Fee At Palace Resorts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ethan

Ethan
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Hi all,

My fiance and I had originally planned to get married in Sun Palace, but now we are not so sure...

Sun Palace is going to charge us $800 to bring in outside photographers!! which is ridiculous for our budget.

It totally caught me off-guard, as it seemed that many couples were bringing in outside photographers with purchase of day passes.

Question:

Does anyone here have experience with resort photographers at Sun Palace? Are they alright?

It seems quite expensive considering small number of photos you receive. How is the quality of photography?

Thanks in advance!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:38 AM

Most of the larger resorts do charge a similar outside vendor fee.

One way people have gotten around that fee is to have their vendor stay at the resort as a guest.  Then they do not usually have any additional fee.  Please note that sometimes resorts have a minimum stay (like 2 nights).

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 Ethan

Ethan
    • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

Thanks Tammy,

I think the thread that I read were quite old.

It looks like the days of inviting your photographers with day passes are over. :(

My fiance and I are going to stick to Sun Palace though. We talked about getting married there for a long time.

We now need to decide whether to use resort photographers or to stretch our budget and hire outside photographers.

If anyone who used resort photographers in Sun Palace (even non wedding photos) can share their photos and opinions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

#4 shan0487

shan0487
      • 1,393 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
      • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I brought a photographer from the United States with me (ended up being cheaper than hiring a local one and paying the vendor fee) and I got my photographer for 3 days instead of a few hours!! May want to consider going that route..  Also I got married at Sun Palace 11/23/2012 so if you have any questions feel free to PM me! :)

Shanna

#5 talicea7812

talicea7812
      • 416 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 12, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Azul Beach Hotel
      • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

im getting married at Azul beach and their outside vendor fee is also $800 and the approved vendors are awful.

Im flying in my photog from the states and its cheaper than a local plus the fee.  Definitely worth it...she was my "splurge" for the wedding

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the Moon Palace Wedding Webinar is this Saturday, March 8, 2014 @ 9:00 am PST.

We will have a wedding coordinator do a wedding presentation, a Q & A session, and a travel options and Q & A session.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 omontes

omontes
      • Vendor
      • 187 posts
        • LocationCancun

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:15 AM

Hello brides!

Our job is to give them the best service at the best price, We work in Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Cozumel, etc; we have different packages to suit your budget!

A photographer for a wedding is important because we will capture those unforgettable moments on that special day!

_A5A8452.JPG

If you are interested have a look at our site, we have galleries there, I assure you delighted to stay and the prices are very affordable! 

if you have doubts or questions gladly attend you your doubts.

Have a nice day, Greetings!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users