4 replies to this topic

#1 hytobias

hytobias
  • 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 19, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium Mayan Riviera
  • LocationRiviera Maya

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hi ladies! So my husband and I never had a wedding (just married through courthouse) and we are planning on having a wedding within two years for our ten year anniversary. We will be paying for everything so our budget isn't too too much, so I was thinking to save a little money maybe I should rent a dress. Are any of you renting a dress and if so, why and where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Congrats and welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find helpful tips and ideas here that will help you with your planning!

I don't know what you're looking for in a dress, but there are tons of options available that would allow you to buy a dress. I can't say that I've ever heard of dress rental places. It used to be popular years ago, but I think more nowdays it's tough to find.

You could check the classified ads section of this site. As well, Davids Bridal has a number of options available that are pretty inexpensive. There is also a great website called:  www.preownedweddingdresses.com  There are hundreds of options there from used, to new still with tags to sample dresses. Definitely worth a look!

I bought my dress and I'm very glad I did. I didn't pay a lot for it - I don't know what your budget is - but I'm thinking that even if you find somewhere that deals with rentals, it will probably cost you just as much. You might need to do a little fingerwork on the computer in order to look but it could be worth it!

We're working on a vow renewal for next year too if all goes well! Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 dreamweddings

dreamweddings

Insiders

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:11 PM

Hi ladies! So my husband and I never had a wedding (just married through courthouse) and we are planning on having a wedding within two years for our ten year anniversary. We will be paying for everything so our budget isn't too too much, so I was thinking to save a little money maybe I should rent a dress. Are any of you renting a dress and if so, why and where?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats ans welcome to the forum hytobias. 

I totally agree with acw271011, It may actually be cheaper to buy a dress, depending on your budget, the are lots of wholesalers shops out there. and some sites that sells second hand dress for very low prices.  keep scouting you will find something.

Happy Planning and congrats on your 10yr anniversary. 

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya
    weddingsinplayadelcarmen@gmail.com
    http://www.dreamwedd.../Home_Page.html

Happy Planning!
    Joyce

#4 ASAtobe

ASAtobe
    • 75 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 16, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Cancun Mexico

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

I agree! It would probably be cheaper to buy your dress. Etsy sells beautiful wedding dresses for pretty cheap! Also my sis in law got her wedding dress from Davids Bridal for 120 dollars! It fit her perfectly and she needed no alterations!!

#5 NJBride2014

NJBride2014
    • 441 posts
    • Wedding Date:September 13, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Le Blanc Spa Resort
    • LocationCancun, Mexico

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:57 AM

If you want rent a dress there's renttherunway.com you can find a white dress that you could use a as a bridal dress.  Also there are some affordable dress options like getting a bridesmaids dress in white.  I have 2 dresses one for my church ceremony at home and one for Mexico and the second dress I bought in Macys off the rack it is perfect and I only paid $140.00 for it.   788dfeee6e428e5395720c68a99f6abc.jpg

43 guests plus bride and groom.... ;)

Engagement Photos - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1827276

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...y/#entry1860630

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users