Photo

Moon Palace Pricing?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jeni26

jeni26
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

I've been looking at getting Moon Palace for my April 2015 wedding, but my quotes have been quite expensive for airfare n hotel for a week, about $2500 a person all together, tax include. I initially wanted Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana, but had to change my mind because the price was about $2600 a person a week, which I thought was too pricey for my guests to pay. But now it seems like Moon Palace in Cancun is pretty much the same. We're flying in from Vancouver, has anyone else been quoted for roughly the same??? I didn't realize it would be so expensive, I heard April, especially the end of April would be cheap since it's after Spring Break.

#2 acw271011

acw271011
    • Moderators
    • 3,128 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
    • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
    • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Welcome to the site! And congrats on planning your destination wedding!

I've only had experience with October pricing and I'm in the Toronto area but I did a quick search on the price of flights out of Toronto leaving this April just to see, and depending on the carrier and how long you're going for, it did come in at just over $2200. I looked at Vancouver departures for family for October and the price difference is about $200 so looking at it that way $2500 doesn't seem that bad. I agree that's a lot of money though and definitely something to consider for your guests. The other thing I've found too is that the prices are always higher when you book really far in advance. I know when you're dealing with a large group you want to make sure everyone that wants to go, can go and not have to worry whether there is space or not. With all the resort options in the Riviera Maya or Cancun area, I'm sure there would be something else that might give you a better price option. This site is a great resource for resorts and information.

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 beccafries

beccafries
    • 83 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

I've been looking at getting Moon Palace for my April 2015 wedding, but my quotes have been quite expensive for airfare n hotel for a week, about $2500 a person all together, tax include. I initially wanted Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana, but had to change my mind because the price was about $2600 a person a week, which I thought was too pricey for my guests to pay. But now it seems like Moon Palace in Cancun is pretty much the same. We're flying in from Vancouver, has anyone else been quoted for roughly the same??? I didn't realize it would be so expensive, I heard April, especially the end of April would be cheap since it's after Spring Break.

another option..ur guest don't have to stay for 7 nites....they can stay maybe 3 nites min..... maybe u and ur groom would stay 7 nites..but the guest don't have too....just a thought

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just a reminder that the Moon Palace Wedding Webinar is this Saturday, March 8, 2014 @ 9:00 am PST.

We will have a wedding coordinator do a wedding presentation, a Q & A session, and a travel options and Q & A session.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users