Anyone Getting Married In St. Kitts

st. kitts weddings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ksymena

ksymena
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe (hopefully)
  • LocationDetroit MI

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

I am looking into getting married in St. Kitts this July.  Has anyone been there or  marreid there?  I feel like it has the easiet legal requirements to meet and it looks amazing.  Any adive or input would be greatly appreciated. 

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Welcome to the site! I'm sure if you hunt around and do some searches you'll find a ton of information that will help you out with your planning! Enjoy!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:26 AM

Congrats and welcome!

I haven't gotten married there but have vacationed there.  I highly recommend the Four Seasons in neighboring Nevis and highly recommend avoiding the Marriott in St. Kitts. At first glance it's a beautiful property but is poorly maintained.  We didn't have any issues with the room but all around, we saw things that needed repair.  Also, the pool is neglected.  It isn't cleaned as frequently as it should so there was a constant oily film (presumably from sunscreen) and bugs/leaves floating in it.  

When we drove around, we saw many nice villas.  We said we'd rent one and go that route if we opt to vacation in St. Kitts again. 

Hope this is helpful and doesn't come off as "Debbie Downer". 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#4 girlinthecity97

girlinthecity97
  • Site Supporter
  • 358 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexico ~ Generations Riviera Maya

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

I forgot to also mention some of the plantations that have become quaint hotels.  We took a tour of a couple and they were nice and rich with history re the sugar industry/trade. 

~ i've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou ~

http://www.bestdesti...ng-games-begin/

#5 ksymena

ksymena
  • 5 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe (hopefully)
  • LocationDetroit MI

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Thanks,  we actually were looking at the Marriott.  I will check into the Four Seasons.  Thanks for the advice. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users