Hey Ladies!

My fiance and I decided to do an unplugged ceremony (which is basically a ceremony where we ask our guests to not try to take photos) to avoid any awkward photos with random cameras, phones or tablets making an appearance, and also to avoid any of our guests blocking shots from our photographer trying to get their own....

The rest of the time (reception, the rest of the wedding week), they are more than welcome to take pictures and upload/ post them...

Here is a great article that explains it... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bridal-guide/why-you-might-want-to-con_b_3331528.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

Here are the cards that I made to put in the welcome bags and also on a table at the ceremony.

post-273652-0-97428500-1391651322_thumb.jpg

Let me know your thoughts!

Well done on the presentation!

@@acw271011 Thanks! I wish I could say I came up with it all on my own, but I stole part of it from that link. :)

@@DianneP This is a great idea! I mean we all are hiring a photographer so it would just be nice to allow your guests to sit back and enjoy the wedding! 

Happy planning,

Kristen.

It sounds good & Its good idea to have such kind of ceremony but you can't capture this moment. How would you capture such moment!!

A note to all brides thinking about doing this on their weddings --- do it! Your photographer will love you.

Although we understand that guests and family usually want to take their own pictures and capture memories of their own during the ceremony, it is the one special moment you have all gathered there to share, so it only makes sense to ask your loved ones to be there. In the moment with you.

Make sure to ask your photographer if they can provide you with the service of uploading images to a private, online gallery.

What we do is send the couple a link to where the images will be, with the option of having guests sign up to receive an update once the images are posted (which is only 7 to 12 business days after the wedding). That way, everyone can access the ceremony images, share them on Facebook or print them out :) 

We hope the unplugged wedding trend is here to stay!

This one post that became viral says it very well too: http://www.today.com/style/unplugged-weddings-photographers-anti-phone-rant-goes-viral-t55546

:P