Photo

Anyone Else Considering Not Having Their Ceremony On The Beach?

locations Decor & Details

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 Meandhim

Meandhim
  • 706 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium in Punta Cana
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

Ladies,
Okay.... so I need some consoling... The resorts I've been considering offer locations OTHER than the beach for ceremonies. Yes, you can get married on the beach, but they also let you get married in garden settings, and indoor settings, restaurants and even your room!!! Not sure how feel about a restaurant setting, unless it were raining. (which mostly they use as a rain contingency location) Anyway, some of the garden settings and semi indoor locations (rooms with only 3 walls)are really pretty and have paved floors. Which by the way is why this option is so appealing- it solves my shoe dilemma! So I have to ask...
Am I crazy for wanting to get married at a tropical resort but not on the beach, just so I can wear a great pair of shoes?

Oh btw.. wearing shoes is not the only reason, it's just the primary reason. I think ( based on the website photos) that the greenery will make a fantastic backdrop for photos..

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

I'm getting Married in the garden gazebo next to the beach....

My Reasons:
1. It's beautiful
2. Too many people watching / walking by on the beach
3. The heat... The gazebo has a seating area for the guests that has material above to shade them from the sun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Planning Thread - MeandHim - Grand Palladium Bavaro - Nov 25 2015

event.png

#32 nina1116

nina1116
  • 64 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Riviera Maya

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:14 AM

I'm not getting married on the beach either! I didn't want any looky-loos and didn't want to get sandy. We are having our wedding on a terrace over looking the beach, with the ocean as our back drop.

Do what you want! Wearing great shoes is a valid excuse if you ask me.

This! We are getting married overlooking the beach, but wanted to keep it more private as well.

The last thing I want is some weirdo in a thong speedo photobombing my pictures lol!

#33 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

The gazebo at my resort only holds 40 people so I am really hoping less than 40 people come so I can have it there! lol

#34 melgibbs

melgibbs
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:51 PM

I prefer the garden over the beach. :)

#35 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
    • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 10 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

I'm doing the beach but thought about doing it elsewhere. I'm not to excited about sand in my shoes but the backdrop will be awesome! And the photographer said he would photoshop bystanders out so that made me feel a lot better.

#36 Nadika

Nadika
    • 45 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Montserrat

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:44 AM

ooo great.. i would like the beach setting but worried about the elders views and also heels sinking in sand

The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make - not just on your wedding day, but over and over again - and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.

Barbara de Angelis

#37 HappilyEverAfter

HappilyEverAfter
    • 37 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 31, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Konoko Falls, Ocho Rios
    • LocationLondon

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

We have decided to get married in a chapel and have the cocktail hour in the garden followed by the reception under a clear marquee on the private beach with can only be accessed by our guests. Our private beach also has a waterfall for the most magnificent backdrop and a private trash the dress session. Beautiful Jamaica. I love it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Ooh not to mention we are giving our guests flip flops so they can party away without burning feet from heels or shoes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

#38 LissaSou

LissaSou
    • 174 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 6, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 13 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

We are contemplating using the garden gazebo at the resort just because it's much more private, but no decisions have been made yet. As much as I'd love to get married with my toes in the sand, we are having a beach party afterwards so we wouldn't be totally throwing the beach out of the plans. We really just have to weigh privacy over the more picturesque beach setting.

#39 tarynh86

tarynh86
    • 151 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:dreams punta cana
    • Locationontario Canada

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

I think any option will be beautiful

#40 xxalex18

xxalex18
    • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:41 AM

I was 99% set on getting married barefoot on the beach. I then saw the garden overlooking the water and completely changed my mind :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: locations, Decor & Details

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users