Photo

ROR brides ~ Mammee Bay Reception Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Heidi

Heidi
  • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:34 AM

For those of us having our dinners at Mammee Bay... since it's all one LONG table, do you plan on using placecards or just having a free-for-all seating? I think it would be easier for guests to just look for their name and sit, but I don't know how that would logistically work out! Think Chandlyn would do that for us?
    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#2 pouchie

pouchie
    • 189 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 11:48 AM

I'm not having my reception at Mammee Bay but I was wonderng the same thing. I think I might do placecards so it is easier for everyone to just sit where there name is. If you have it all mapped out I am sure she wouldn't mind setting it up.

#3 DLyteful

DLyteful
      • 879 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:03 PM

I was thinking of the same thing. I think Chandlyn should be able to help with making sure the decorations and place cards are on the table. I would delegate the task to some one in your family to make sure it all turns out like you want. I think that’s what I’m going to do.

By the way, what do your place card holders look like? I haven’t found any I love yet.

#4 Heidi

Heidi
        • 2,642 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:07 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by DLyteful
          I was thinking of the same thing. I think Chandlyn should be able to help with making sure the decorations and place cards are on the table. I would delegate the task to some one in your family to make sure it all turns out like you want. I think that’s what I’m going to do.

By the way, what do your place card holders look like? I haven’t found any I love yet.
          NO IDEA!!! :)

I like the idea of paper around the small cocktail umbrellas. Nice, cheap & easy!
          144 for $5.50
          Cocktail Umbrellas - 144 piece box - MU001
          of 12 for $1.30
          Cocktail Umbrellas - 12 count - MU020

#5 DLyteful

DLyteful
          • 879 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Heidi
            NO IDEA!!! :)

I like the idea of paper around the small cocktail umbrellas. Nice, cheap & easy!
            144 for $5.50
            Cocktail Umbrellas - 144 piece box - MU001
            of 12 for $1.30
            Cocktail Umbrellas - 12 count - MU020
            That would be very cute to personalize each umbrella! And your right nice, cheap, and easy!!!

#6 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
            • 203 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 05:55 PM

Hey Heidi, I had 1 long table because there was only 19 of us. But there was another reception going on when I was there and they had like 5-6 tables on a slant with I think 6 people at each table. I really wasnt paying attention because it was my reception too but I did take notice because it looked nice for a bigger group......

#7 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
              • 298 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:30 PM

I was thinking of getting a tray and fill it up with sand and then I guess you can use a P-Touch to label everyone's name and attach to the umbrella with there table #. Then you just stick the fans in the sand and that is how it would stand.

Does that sound about right Heidi?

I was thinking of doing the umbrella theme for the place cards and that is what I visualized.

#8 Heidi

Heidi
                • 2,642 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RiuBride2b
                  I was thinking of getting a tray and fill it up with sand and then I guess you can use a P-Touch to label everyone's name and attach to the umbrella with there table #. Then you just stick the fans in the sand and that is how it would stand.

Does that sound about right Heidi?

I was thinking of doing the umbrella theme for the place cards and that is what I visualized.
                  Yes, that's exactly it! Someone posted it once, a while time ago. I think it was a Martha Stewart idea...

Here it is: Parasol Seating Cards and more inspiring wedding dresses, bouquets, cakes, favors, and advice on marthastewart.com

#9 chicago88

chicago88
                  • 699 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:59 PM

Wow - that is a super cute idea! What do you use for table numbers then?

Therese & Jay
                    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users