kellymiller

Where To Have Ahr?

Where are people having their AHR?

We live in a different city than both our families (6 hours from mine, 3 from his), so where do we have the AHR? Or does it depend on who is hosting it?

I'm not sure if people would travel 6+ hours just for a reception...

We had ours in a restaurant that is part of a hotel, that has a semi-private room atthe back. We were a small group - only 30 but we still had a DJ and dancing and dinner. It will depend what your budget is and whether you just want a reception, or a full sit down dinner, and how many people you think will be there. We had a second cake that we cut, and redid our first dance and had a slideshow of wedding pictures that ran through the evening. With it being part of a hotel, we got a good rate for booking a certain number of rooms so people weren't worried about drinking and driving! We had friends that drove 8 hours to attend so if they are people that care about you, they will be there!

Good luck, and congrats!!

We had ours in a restaurant that is part of a hotel, that has a semi-private room atthe back. We were a small group - only 30 but we still had a DJ and dancing and dinner. It will depend what your budget is and whether you just want a reception, or a full sit down dinner, and how many people you think will be there. We had a second cake that we cut, and redid our first dance and had a slideshow of wedding pictures that ran through the evening. With it being part of a hotel, we got a good rate for booking a certain number of rooms so people weren't worried about drinking and driving! We had friends that drove 8 hours to attend so if they are people that care about you, they will be there!

Good luck, and congrats!!

That's a good idea hosting your AHR at a restaurant attached to a hotel! Especially if you have loved ones traveling that far!

We are having it at my home town where most of my family lives and we have about 70 people coming! HIs family is small and spread out.

We're doing our ahr in my hometown. We're going to have a Catholic blessing of our Marraige in our local church first, then a dinner and a DJ in a local hotel. Our out of town guests can book a room there for the night, so they've no excuse to miss it !!!

I'm worried about driving up the cost of doing something like this. Anyone have any budgeting tips? Or creative ways of throwing something like this?

Im in the process of looking now for an ahr. So far ive been looking at local park district spaces you can rent out. I found one thats pretty decent looking inside and its 60 an hour. Id cater food- havent decided exactly where from yet i found a place that does a buffet for about 8-9 a person- my invite list is about 140. but probably expect around 100 to go. id also get a keg and some wine. Im going to spray paint wine bottles ive been saving up the colors of my wedding- purple and teal put them on the tables with babys  breath in them. Ill hopefully get a dj at a cheap price and thats about all. 

so far thats my idea- but im still lookin for cheaper options.