Photo

Are Engagement Pictures Really Necessary?

Engagement Photographers

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

THEY ARE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG he did a fantastic job and I am smiling from ear to ear!

Just have to figure out where I should post them :)

I'm so glad you're happy with them :). You can make a gallery on your profile and put them there! 

event.png

#82 Ydolem

Ydolem
  • 69 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 19, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori-Riviera Maya
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

We sort of did engagement photos-we wanted one for our Save the Date. We got engaged in the Bahamas, and did a really fun excursion SUBing-Scenic Underwater Bubble. At the end of our excursion the dive company had photos of us for sale for $15, and we decided to use our photo as our "engagement photo".

#83 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

They aren't necessary. But, we vacationed to Riviera Maya in September. We got pictures taken by the resort photographer we only bought 3, pictures at $15 each. We used one for our save the dates, return labels, and on our website
We also bought pictures when we went zip lining and atving. We put those pics on our website as well

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#84 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:51 AM

They aren't necessary. But, we vacationed to Riviera Maya in September. We got pictures taken by the resort photographer we only bought 3, pictures at $15 each. We used one for our save the dates, return labels, and on our website
We also bought pictures when we went zip lining and atving. We put those pics on our website as well

Was that at xplor? I went last year and LOVED it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#85 TheBHolders

TheBHolders
  • 363 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 17, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Cancun
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

@calgarybride2015 no, similar, it was selvetica. We had an amazing time. I wonder what places Moon Palace credits can be used at because I would love to do a group excursion there

So far 79 adult guests + bride and groom + 13 kids = 164 room nights. Focused on planning without stressing.

event.png

#86 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:03 AM

@calgarybride2015 no, similar, it was selvetica. We had an amazing time. I wonder what places Moon Palace credits can be used at because I would love to do a group excursion there

I have no idea re resort credits. Don't think my resort does that. A group excursion would be fun - like a catamaran booze cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#87 cfinkenbine

cfinkenbine
  • 246 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Riviera Maya

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

We did not do engagement pictures. We had originally planned to but ran out of time. Plus, we knew that we would be engaged for about 2 years before we got married, so that would be a long time in between engagement to the wedding stuff that would get sent out.

#88 Ydolem

Ydolem
  • 69 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 19, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori-Riviera Maya
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

That sounds like so much fun!

#89 IvanLuckiePhotography

IvanLuckiePhotography
  • Vendor
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:13 PM

I guess It depends on how you value their lives, it is a bit selfish thinking just on us, because pictures are for our children too, aunts, parents, brothers, we never know what will happen tomorrow. each stage in our lives must be remembered by us and others, I delightful enjoy browse through an photo album, memories come back  and I live again, I know amazing stories how just a photo brought joy to a new family  and also know how a lack of pictures made my Grandfather life totally unknown by me, I wish I had just some pictures of my Grand father.

So if you just look for someone that can click the button, then It will be almost the same story, but If you find a photographer with great vision and skills to catch your personality then you will have the best pictures to remember you

we do not know what's coming don't be selfish

#90 Mangosong

Mangosong
    • 170 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 20, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Costa Rica!
    • LocationBrooklyn

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:35 PM

I don't think they are all that necessary, but I think they are really nice to have. I'm not the biggest fan of pictures of myself, but I do really love the formal/professional pictures we have taken. I think in general, they are nice to have.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Engagement, Photographers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users