Photo

garter questions

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 dragonfly

dragonfly
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:17 PM

I didn't wear one, the bridal store gave me one when I bought my dress, but I completely forgot about it and didn't even think about it again. I wore as little as I could under my dress, so a garter would have felt uncomfortable in the heat.

#12 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:32 PM

I had two, so that I could keep one
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#13 babycow

babycow
    • 367 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:27 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by beachbride
      one is to keep and one is to throw... I just think it might be fun for Amos to take off later... lol!
      Yup, thats the only reason I"m considering wearing one. FI would be dissapointed if he didn't get to take it off, it's one of the things he knows for sure happens in a wedding.
      http://i206.photobuc....DERICA_242.jpg
      Erica and Tim
      Dreams Tulum
      Mexico
      May 17, 2008

#14 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
      • 1,798 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:51 AM

My sister was so bothered by hers (itchy) that she put it on right before they took it off. I actually made hers and she kept one and threw the crappy one I made. I am going to surprise Chris and get a Cubs one!

#15 Jones4Me

Jones4Me
        • Banned
        • 381 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:55 AM

I am hoping that mine will not show through my dress... It is blue. But I feel like I HAVE to wear it. I had it especially made. My grandmother was VERY poor when she got married 60 years ago. She wore a blue gown and had a blue veil (can't imagine what people thought!). Because NONE of us would EVER wear that awful blue veil, I had garters made for each "branch" of the family tree. Now each bride can wear a part of Grandma's special day on theirs and it will be the "old" and/or the "blue". So..... I HAVE to wear it..... Hope it doesn't show!

#16 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:57 AM

I'm in the same boat...my mom and sis got me garters and they are blue and I'm hoping they don't show either! Yikes!

#17 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
            • VIP Member
            • 2,861 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

I bought 2 so I can keep one and Robin can toss one. Im deffinetly wearing one just cause I think it goes with that sexy bride kinda feel. Plus is black and pink with a skull on it so how could I not wear it?? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users