40 replies to this topic

#11 Nybride525

Nybride525
  • 229 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
  • LocationNew York

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Hey are great gifts...I'm struggling to find something more affordable as I have 5-6 ugh lol

Jamie

#12 jayejayelynn

jayejayelynn
  • 165 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 22, 2015

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

How much is everyone spending if they bought their own dresses?

I also want to pay to get their hair and makeup done. Anyone else did this?

#13 SamanthaC

SamanthaC
  • 66 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 25, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

@jayejayelynn My plan is to buy the girls dresses i only have 2 so that helps and i am going to try to keep them 100$ or less. However alterations will be there expense. I am also getting them sole less sandals to wear at the wedding and an OOT bag like all the other guest just a little more personalized. I attached a picture here!

il_570xN.482471034_9n75.jpg

#14 jayejayelynn

jayejayelynn
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

yeah since they all already bought their dresses bc they live away from me I'll get them gifts plus pay for makeup and hair as well as provide some jewelry for the day of.

#15 kmk2016

kmk2016
  • Moderators
  • 1,468 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori- Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary Canada

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'm ordering their dresses overseas to save some money- hoping to have them less than $150 a piece. I'm also buying their "getting ready robes", Rayban aviators (suggested by another BDW bride) and silk clutches that are going to be carried instead of flowers. I have 4 girls and a guy (I'll be paying for his pants/vest and sunglasses)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 colivia

colivia
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

My girls are paying for their own dresses, but I'm buying them sandals, earrings, bracelet, getting ready shirt, tumbler, personalized canvas tote bag from Lands End, custom hanger with their name, and bridesmaid tank top.  I also might get each of them a personalized beach towel.  My sister is a beautician and will be doing everyone's hair.  They are on their own for makeup as of now. 

#17 jayejayelynn

jayejayelynn
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

My girls are paying for their own dresses, but I'm buying them sandals, earrings, bracelet, getting ready shirt, tumbler, personalized canvas tote bag from Lands End, custom hanger with their name, and bridesmaid tank top.  I also might get each of them a personalized beach towel.  My sister is a beautician and will be doing everyone's hair.  They are on their own for makeup as of now. 

Cool - your bridal party are sure lucky ladies!!! 

#18 colivia

colivia
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

Thanks @jayejayelynn!!  They are all spending so much money to come to the wedding so I'm trying to give them quite a few items in their thank you bags.  Regardless of how much or little anyone gives their bridesmaids, they will all be thankful regardless!!! 

#19 Chrysta

Chrysta
  • 169 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Sapphire - Cancun
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

Great ideas! I am kind of stuck because I am only have a MOH and she is traveling far to be with us, throwing my shower and Bach party and has to pay for her 2 sons to come. So I want to make sure her time is special. I was thinking she would get her own OOT bag besides the 1 OOT bag per room, and hers would include a robe, flip flops, barefoot sandals and her gift. We are toying with the idea of diamond earrings from tiffany's (our colors are tiffany blue so the box would go great) or an excursion for her and her partner while on vacation.....really though we are unsure of what to do.

#20 BarbaraBusybee

BarbaraBusybee
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Mexican Carnival Cruise

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

I think that is plenty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users