Bridesmaid Gifts..should I Give More?

I think this is plenty. I was a BM for two friends and I received a personalized compact mirror and in the other our dresses were purchased. I thought the ideas were great. For my BMs I purchased a tote (the colors of the wedding); inside I am putting their shoes, jewelry and clutch (which they will use the day of the wedding). I did not buy anything separate for my MOH.

These are great gifts!!! So far I'm giving mine: Stella&Dot necklace to wear to the wedding, cute wedge sandals to wear to the wedding, a clutch purse (they can use it the night of the wedding if they choose to), and a beach romper (to double as a 'getting ready outfit' the morning of the wedding).

When I asked them to be my bridesmaids I already gifted them a fun basket with: a Stella&Dot friendship bracelet, nailpolish in my wedding color, tropical scented lotions, aloe and tanning lotion, small travel bag

• 2 weeks later...

wow I would LOVE that!! I am getting my MOH (shes the only attendant I have), a wristlet and a spa giftcard for the resort we're staying at. I also got her a passport holder/wallet at our "one year until".

You all have lucky ladies :)

This is what I have done so far

1. Prada makeup bags in our color  (they are from China, if you get my drift hehe)

2. Anklet with an infinity symbol and beads in our wedding color (Etsy)

3. white flip flops with flower that attaches for the wedding if the sand is too hot (old navy)

4. bangles to wear at the wedding  (East Indian store)

5. small picture frame with a picture of us 2 in it  (Michaels)

6. I paid for a small portion of their dress ($40 of each maids)

I may throw in some kleenex, chapstick, etc.

They will also get all the gifts that everyone else is getting - luggage tags, maracas, etc.

So far that is about $70 each, the makeup bags were a wedding gift to me... for them.  Such a lovely coworker I have.

A Pandora bracelet was on my list, but it just isn't in the budget! :)

Edited by calgarybride2015

Ok I plan on giving my bridesmaids each a coach wristlet, barefoot jewellery and earrings to wear the wedding day and a pair of sanuk sandals because I love sanuks and I know none of them own a pair.  Do you think I'm giving them enough??  Should I give more?  If so suggestions? Should I give my MOH something extra?  I was MOH for her but I don't remember getting anything extra compared to the other bms.  Let me know what you ladies think

wow...thats definitely enough!

my girls are getting beach cover ups or tanks that say bridesmaid etc plus I'll give them jewelry for that day and possibly flip flops. ..now I feel cheap...but on top of all the other things for the wedding it's just getting to be so much stuff and expense. .not saying they aren't worth it but FI says we have to stop at some point

• Like 1

These gifts are all really lovely! I agree - it's not about the cost at all, but what you know your ladies will like :).

I'm going to give my girls things unrelated to our wedding. As a BM, I personally disliked getting things engraved with the couple's wedding date, etc. so I'm avoiding any of that. For the wedding I bought their dresses, and told them they can wear whatever shoes, jewelry and makeup/hair they want - also so I don't have to pay for them haha

They're getting our OOT bag, and also Kate Spade bracelets so far, and I'm looking at adding either a nice Tory Burch or Kate Spade make up bag/wallet or cell phone thing, or I might just do gift cards to Sephora or a spa certificate b/c I know they'd like that. I'm also going to do a sentimental thing and make a photo book of pics and a nice card.

My FI is giving his groomsmen headphones. We got these awesome headphones from a trade show as a gift, and we never opened or used them, so we're going to give those. Kind of bad i know to regift, but they retail for over $200 each and we think the groomsmen would love them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...