How Much Was Your Wedding?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 christy531

christy531
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hi ladies,

I would like to know have an estimate about how much was your destination wedding??

Thank you :-)

#2 csho

csho
    • 1,007 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
    • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

My budget is around 12k. This is including every last thing that had to do with the wedding... I actually haven't kept that great of track, but we're definitely within the budget. Our wedding and travel accommodations and photography etc were around $6500 the rest was dress, suits, and d├ęcor etc!

#3 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
    • 309 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
    • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Im hopping to be 8000 or less.... 

#4 kaleighMCL

kaleighMCL
    • 49 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

Ours is coming in around 15 - but after our dollar fell below parity i had to up our budget a couple thousand to pay the vendors.

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

I think it might be important if people also mention how many guests will be attending.

Like a $12k wedding for 10 people or $12k wedding for 100 people :)

Mine was $12k without the dress but including travel for bride and groom.  we had almost 60 people.

This cost did not include my dress.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 christy531

christy531
      • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Thank you everyone~ I'm trying to see the difference in cost in having destination wedding and one at home! I live in New York!

& Tammy thanks for letting me know about how many ppl came to yours I guess a destination wedding is much cheaper than having an event at home!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 csho

csho
        • 1,007 posts
        • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
        • LocationHalifax, NS

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:28 AM

We are having about 40 people at ours!

#8 Mandiesue

Mandiesue
        • 309 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams La Romana
        • LocationDominica Republic

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

I am having approximately 30-35

#9 Linds1204

Linds1204
        • Site Supporter
        • 52 posts
        • Wedding Date:March 8, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
        • LocationCancun, MX

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

@christy531

You can do a destination wedding with a range of budgets. 

I live in DC (so wedding price points are similar to NYC). We are doing a large wedding, 75 people, with  A LOT of extras that most people don't do for a DW, and it's still costing us about half of what we would have spent in DC, for 3 days worth of events.

My wedding is in a month, so I don't have my final tally in yet on cost.

There are a lot of resorts that give perks & freebies to brides depending on how many guests you have.

For example, because of the size of our wedding, we are getting all of our events for free, and our stay at the resort for 7 nights for free! This allowed us to be able to contribute towards some of our guests rooms, and allowed us to spend more on extras for the wedding. 

However, if we didn't add on extras (decor, flowers, entertainment, rentals, entertainment etc), we could have our wedding for almost nothing. If we went with the basic setup provided and just added a DJ, our wedding could be under 2K. 

I hope that helps! Feel free to PM me if you want any more details or specifics!  :)

#10 Csonnel

Csonnel
        • 174 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 24, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Punta Cana, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

The last DW I attended's cost was just over 9k. It was a group of 43 at the Majestic Colonial. The bride and groom's trips were both free(for every 15 bookings, they received 1 free trip). They had the top photography/videography package available at the resort, the top wedding package available as well as a private reception until 11pm. 

Hope this helps a little!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users