Sweet Dreams Cakes (Los Cabos)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

I received a quote from deena...I have only talked to her via email. She seems great and she is working w/ maye! I am going to go the cupcake route so I think maybe that's why it's a little bit more? That and I am getting married in 2008 so rates probably change? Anyway. I am going with a top tier 6" that serves 12 and then 3 tiers below full of cupcakes about 40 total with buttercream frosting and sugar daisies on top of each cupcake. She quoted $92 for the top cake and $4.25 I think per each cupcake...plus $15 delivery and $30 stand rental...

I just love the cupcakes....

#12 NYJen

NYJen
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

Hey TammyB,

Did you do a tasting with Sweet Dreams? Did they charge you? Is it worth it for me to check out Jennifer Hatton (the cake Diva lady) or should I just go with Sweet Dreams? I'm trying to avoid paying all these tasting fees. Let me know what you think please. Thanks!

#13 jpkw

jpkw
      • VIP Member
      • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

I used Jennifer Hatton - cake Diva (not Sweet Dreams) and I LOVED my cake!!! We did a tasting with her and her cakes are amazing!!! We had a hard time deciding on the flavors. We ended up with 2 flavors - chocolate & carrot (made with pineapple) - both were delicious. She also had an amazing vanilla with raspberry flavor we loved.

here is a pic of my cake:

#14 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by michelle08
          I received a quote from deena...I have only talked to her via email. She seems great and she is working w/ maye! I am going to go the cupcake route so I think maybe that's why it's a little bit more? That and I am getting married in 2008 so rates probably change? Anyway. I am going with a top tier 6" that serves 12 and then 3 tiers below full of cupcakes about 40 total with buttercream frosting and sugar daisies on top of each cupcake. She quoted $92 for the top cake and $4.25 I think per each cupcake...plus $15 delivery and $30 stand rental...

I just love the cupcakes....
          $4.25 per cupcake!!! Man, I wish I was making cakes in Los Cabos instead of Barrie, Ontario. I charge $1.25 and some people think that is too much. lol

#15 jpkw

jpkw
          • VIP Member
          • 1,650 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:19 PM

Sorry, here is the picture:

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

#16 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

Yeah I did a cake tasting with Sweet Dreams, she charged us $50.00 but it was used toward the cake. I think either one would be a great choice, their both really good.

#17 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
              • 231 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

These cakes are sooo goood!!!! I love them!!! I buy them for birthdays, valentines, reunions and special ocations!! I really recomend them!

#18 NYJen

NYJen
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:01 PM

Thanks for your help everyone. I decided to go with Jennifer. I'll let you know what happens.

#19 michelle08

michelle08
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,702 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:15 PM

Julie~

I hope I am not going to pay too much!! Yikes! I know different locations are different but I guess we will see!

Hey is anyone else doing cupcakes and if so, what quote have you received per cupcake?

#20 JulieG

JulieG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 8,323 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by michelle08
                      Julie~

I hope I am not going to pay too much!! Yikes! I know different locations are different but I guess we will see!

Hey is anyone else doing cupcakes and if so, what quote have you received per cupcake?
                      I think you are going to pay a lot no matter what, you need them, not the other way around, so they can charge that much. But, I bet its cheaper than a cake would be, I am guessing $8 per slice, so you will probably save money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users