Photo

Keisha & Will Pic Heavy Wedding Review (Iberostar Grand Hotel)

iberostar grand rose hall

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 onyxluxenoir

onyxluxenoir
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hello BDW!

I am so sorry for my delayed review.  Post wedding I didnt want to think about anything other than basking in the Jamaican sun with my brand new sexy hubby!  Then work and life and ish happens and before I knew it its the end of January and I haven't done my wedding for my 10.26.2013 nuptials.  

In spite of my extreme tardiness I have to be certain to pay it forward and give back to BDW what it gave to me.  Planning a wedding is a daunting task and planning a destination wedding compounds the stress.  This website has helped me tremendously throughout the planning process.  It has been my go to resource for almost everything I have desired, lusted over, needed and didn't want to be bothered with.  

I want to give special recognition to all the ladies with super-detailed posts, planning threads and wedding reviews.  I know you are also many of the same extraordinary women who DIY'd and created elaborate welcome bags and such.  Thank you for giving me inspiration and thank you all for participating in the wonderful sanctity of marriage.  

Special Shout out to Dani Scales. That phone convo helped me more than you will ever know!!!

May you all be blessed within your marriages forever! 

I'm going to try and keep this somewhat concise.  

My husband and I met a club, dated for about 2 years and he proposed 12.22.2012 in Chicago, Illinois.  It was one of the most special days of my life.  

After short contemplation we decided to get married in Jamaica.  My parents, husband and I vacationed at Iberostar Grand in the summer of 2012 and absolutely feel in love with the place.  What a divine dream of a resort.  We knew if we ever got married it would NEED to be a this resort.

We sent out e-Save the Dates.  That went over fairly well except for the lack of responses, bad email addresses, questions/responses that were previously addressed in the STD and an overall lackadaisical attitude towards deadlines and such.  Ehhhh, I guess that is to be expected! :) 

We bought new luggage and brought about 8 bags total.  I stuffed my dress in my carry-on and he did the same for his suit.  

We missed our flight had to pay an exorbitant amount of money for another (Southwest eventually refunded the entire trip- it wasnt our fault) 

In any event, we eventually arrived in Montego Bay and the hotel was just as I remembered.  I LOVE THAT RESORT!

Included below are some specific reviews on vendors and then I'll let the photos do the talking.

If anyone has any specific questions please message me.  Ill be checking intermittently.

Attached File  ME1_7313.jpg   88.16KB   6 downloads

Attached File  ME1_7328.jpg   66.31KB   6 downloads

Im having major issues uploading pics

will be back in later

Ciao

Edited by onyxluxenoir, 28 January 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

It sounds like you had an awesome time...can't wait for more!!  especially some pics of the bride ;)

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 onyxluxenoir

onyxluxenoir
    • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

I am back and ready to post pics but my files are too big and they won’t attach and the two above-mentioned are not appearing in the vantage point I desired.  

I am going to include some vendor reviews.  I at least know how to do that.

Photographer

We choose Misha Earle and she was fab!  I love her personality, style and energy.  She arrived with an assistant and truly captured us in the best possible light.  She was able to corral our group and provide great instruction as hubby and I are not picture people.  She even got a good laugh as our wedding party photo bombed the photographer.  We also had a special treat towards the end of our reception!  She provided a photo booth and fun props that everybody enjoyed.  We had a TTD session a couple of days later and once again she was awesome.  We dramatically walked down to the water, went under and displayed our love for the camera lens.  Misha was truly a part of our wedding experience.  If you are getting married in Jamaica I highly recommend her.  Take a look at her website:  http://www.mishaearlephotography.com/ and here is a link to our slideshow:   http://mishaearle.my...com/keisha_will

Resort & Wedding Coordinators

I want to live at Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall.  It is AMAZING.  It is expensive but well worth it.  I mean it!!!! The decor, the service is EVERYTHING.  You can only experience it for yourself to understand.  We stayed at this hotel the year prior and knew we wanted to get married here.  Dreams do come true!  They provided the most spectacular location for our nuptials and I couldn't be happier with the resort and service.  

Our wedding coordinators-Janielle and Syrecka were fab!  I enjoyed working with both of them.  I was a pretty laid back bride and tried not to stress too much.  I mean getting married to the man of your dreams in Jamaica is plenty to be happy and grateful for.  They were both super-responsive to my inquiries and requests and were a dream to work with.  They both have sooooo much going on and so many details to remember-I dont know how they hold it all together.  Thank you ladies for being part of my wedding.  I appreciate you both and wish you all the blessings in the world.  

Flowers

Ugggg, Tai Flora......if it wasn’t such a hassle I would’ve went Floral Fantasies.  They were rather difficult to work with, fairly unresponsive and provided the wrong color flowers for everything outside of my bouquet.  

Makeup &Hair & Nails

Michelle Finch (my sister and only bridesmaid) did my makeup.  She was awesome.  She is a MUA in Chicago and works for MAC.  She is an incredible sister and great makeup pro.  She even did another bride's makeup  at the Suites a couple of days before she beat my face.  If you need a MUA or are in the Chicagoland/Indianapolis area email her at: michellerfinch@gmail.com 

In Chicago swing by the Michigan Avenue Nordstrom MAC counter, ask for Michelle and she will get you all the way together.

I did my own hair and nails.  I was 2 years natural at the time and couldn’t chance anyone not caring for my tresses the way I do.  Thanks YouTube for help with my nail design!

If anyone has any questions please reach out.  I am working on getting my photos resized so I can post them on this forum.

Ciao, 

Keisha 

#4 onyxluxenoir

onyxluxenoir
      • 22 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

7369 BDW
        Album: Keisha & Will
        33 images
        0 comments

#5 tesa

tesa
        • 170 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 5, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Punta Cana

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

Beautiful Keisha! Did you get the invitations make or did you do it yourself?

#6 onyxluxenoir

onyxluxenoir
        • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Beautiful Keisha! Did you get the invitations make or did you do it yourself?

Tesa, 

Thank you so much!

I got the inspiration from this website and didnt even think about DIY'ing.  :) 

We worked with a design/printer duo out of Illinois.  They were referred to us by hubby's friend who uses them for promo work and other stuff.

Here is their contact info if interested:

Bart Troyer
          Allegra|Marketing Print Web
          630.776.0276 cell

www.allegra-aurora.com

Phil Studdard did the design:

phil@flipdesignstudio.com

#7 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
          • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:13 AM

Fabulous review! I LOVE your dress... who is the designer? it suited you perfectly! I'm an October Jamaica bride too! You both look very happy and I agree that the BDW site is really incredible as a resource! I wish you a very happy married life!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#8 onyxluxenoir

onyxluxenoir
          • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Fabulous review! I LOVE your dress... who is the designer? it suited you perfectly! I'm an October Jamaica bride too! You both look very happy and I agree that the BDW site is really incredible as a resource! I wish you a very happy married life!

Thank you so so much.  I cant even remember the designer.  We got the dress at Nancy's Bridal for about $800!  It was a dream!  I was so happy to not spend a crazy amount for a dress.  Thanks again and I wish you many blessing in your marriage!

Ciao

Keisha 

#9 FutureMrsSam

FutureMrsSam
            • 176 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 12, 2016

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for the info! Your dress was gorgeous :)

#10 RandL2015

RandL2015
            • Site Supporter
            • 260 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
            • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

Beautiful pictures!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users