Royalton White Sands

I am going to have to check out the pictures of Royalton, or better yet, just plan a trip to see what everyone is talking about first hand.

Congrats to everyone who has booked there.  That is certainly a relief.

Happy Cutting!  :)

@FutureMrsGlover thank you I have looked at the pics in the gallery, and CONGRATULATIONS !!! If you could send the prices for the wedding packages, I am having trouble finding those. tallnsxxy@yahoo.com

@@FutureMrsGlover , just checked my email, and thank you thank you. I am so happy for you ! 

• Like 1

I just reviewd all the document for the Royalton, and I see that you can not bring outside wedding decorators. I really like this hotel, however I wanted to hire an outside decor service. Somone please tell me this is not the case.

9k wow, that's the Kardashian life, lol

@@Bee , I was disappointed when I saw the outdoor reception has to end at 11pm. I mean we are going to be in Jamaica !!!! I know that my guest as well want to party pass that. <_<

@@atennille.....go to the gallery and you can view the pictures I have there for Royalton White Sands.  

@@pamelas21....I am so happy to have my confirmation from the resort!  It was a big load off.  Now I have been working on these boarding pass invites.  Man, they really are a labor of love!!!!   I think my FI thinks I am crazy and have lost it with our dining room table completely covered in paper and cutting tools! :D

Hey FutureMrsGlover!

LOL I know EXACTLY what you mean! I've been doing alot of DIY too - my fiance keeps saying to me "are you sure you can do all this yourself?" LOL

Of course I can! <3

I still have so much to do and I'm 133 days away!

This summer is going to be crazy busy!

There's alot but I'm so happy! :D

We're going shopping soon for our bands, I'm going to start ordering the welcome bag stuff and the favors, etc....

It's alot of work! Need a vacation after this hahaha

Good luck with your boarding pass invites! SHARE when they're complete! :)

@@pamelas21 thank you so much for your post, so the hotel does not allow outside wedding decorators ? Please say this is not so, I wnat to use Tropical weddings Jamaica.

Hey atennille!

Ok so as of right now the wedding policies and procedures document states NO outside vendors other than photographers and videographers.

I have confirmed this with the wedding planner.

I am personally heartbroken at this and will be completely honest - I might of NOT chosen this resort if I'd known this to be the case.

You HAVE to use Tai Flora for floral and decor. This is a HUGE deal to me.

First, because reviews for Tai Flora on this forum are SCARY.

Second, because Jan's Flowers in Jamaica prices are WAY lower!

I'm on a tight budget (fiance likes to save, I like to spend LOL) so I'm truly heartbroken that if I want something I have to pay $10 with Tai Flora when I can pay $7 with Jan's Flowers.

I know $3 doesn't seem like a big deal BUT it's for everything! And I have 51 people!

Everything is more with Tai Flora.

Chuppah/canopy with Tai Flora - $466

Chuppah/canopy with Jan's Flowers - $250

Chiavari chairs with Tai Flora - $10

Chiavari chairs with Jan's Flowers - $7

It's either Tai Flora's prices are high OR the hotel is making a big cut - whichever it is, it sucks to pay more when you know you can get it cheaper somewhere else!

The above being said, I'm happy and excited for the wedding!

Please don't get me wrong!

I just don't like the inflated prices. And I'm definitely going to voice it on this forum so all brides can know....

Because the resort just opened I DIDN'T know.....and I was already too deep in to back out!

If you choose this resort, and you want extras like me like floral, chiavari chairs, different color linens, chargers - things like that - then you WILL pay alot more.

Again, sorry if this is a rant! I can't stress enough how upset I was when I learned I was FORCED to use Tai Flora.

Hope this helps!

Pam

• Like 2

@@atennille, you can always bring your own decorations if you want to cut down on cost. I plan to bring fake flowers so we don't have to pay so much for bouquets and decorations. Also, if you want to go past 11pm, you can either have your reception in the ballroom or I believe there is a disco/nightclub on the property you could all go to after.

Actually, speaking of, did anyone visit the nightclub while they were at the resort who can tell us what it is like?

Lastly, I thought the same thing about ending at 11pm (seemed early). However, I just recently went to a friend's wedding and the reception was 5 hours (7pm-12am) which was actually a bit long for the majority of the guests (the older crowd had left and most of the younger people were pretty drunk by the end of the reception and not really on the dance floor anymore). Afterwards, we all just went to one of the hotel suites and hung out there, but people were pretty done for the night after an hour or 2 of chatting. Plus people will likely start drinking way earlier in the day than they do at most weddings given the easy access to alcohol, so I personally don't think ending at 11pm will be too big a deal if you start your reception around 6pm or 7pm. Of course this will depend on your group and how big of partiers they are...our group was 5 years out of college so a bit rusty on the day-long drinking marathons :)

@@atennille, you can always bring your own decorations if you want to cut down on cost. I plan to bring fake flowers so we don't have to pay so much for bouquets and decorations. Also, if you want to go past 11pm, you can either have your reception in the ballroom or I believe there is a disco/nightclub on the property you could all go to after.

Actually, speaking of, did anyone visit the nightclub while they were at the resort who can tell us what it is like?

Lastly, I thought the same thing about ending at 11pm (seemed early). However, I just recently went to a friend's wedding and the reception was 5 hours (7pm-12am) which was actually a bit long for the majority of the guests (the older crowd had left and most of the younger people were pretty drunk by the end of the reception and not really on the dance floor anymore). Afterwards, we all just went to one of the hotel suites and hung out there, but people were pretty done for the night after an hour or 2 of chatting. Plus people will likely start drinking way earlier in the day than they do at most weddings given the easy access to alcohol, so I personally don't think ending at 11pm will be too big a deal if you start your reception around 6pm or 7pm. Of course this will depend on your group and how big of partiers they are...our group was 5 years out of college so a bit rusty on the day-long drinking marathons :)

I don't think there is a disco at the Royalton. Pretty sure there is a sports bar that plays music every night though. Our plan is to have our reception on the beach until 10 or 11pm then go to the sports bar. Like you said most people will have had so much sun and booze they probably won't party till 2am lol! I know every time I've been on vacation to a warm place I'm in bed early.

I just reviewd all the document for the Royalton, and I see that you can not bring outside wedding decorators. I really like this hotel, however I wanted to hire an outside decor service. Somone please tell me this is not the case.

9k wow, that's the Kardashian life, lol

I've ordered all my decorations online and will be bringing them with me. (Chair sashes, paper lanterns, hand fans, table linens, napkins etc. ) we are expecting 20ish guests so it's not too much to carry with us in our luggage. If we were having a large party I'd probably rethink brining everything with us though.

• Like 1

Here are my boarding pass invites. I really love how they turned out. They were a diy project :) post-277857-0-62187100-1404846313_thumb.jpgpost-277857-0-62187100-1404846313_thumb.jpg

Funny how I can post a picture but can't even see the picture I've posted?? Super annoying.

• Like 7